Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My cvt felt smooth(for 5000miles) until recently(I have now ~9000miles) I feel that something's not smooth.
Specially when put into R often times it has slight clunk sound just like when conventional transmission's do it as it gets old, which I've never experienced before.

One other wierd notice is that only in the morning, complete cold start, and put in R, there is pretty noticeably loud click sound from engine bay. It may be some sort of unlocking mechanism that makes this sound but I don't remember it has always been like this or not and I thought it's little odd to hear this every morning.

Then first thing I checked is my cvt fluid and noticed a little black particle in it. The fluid is clear but this little blacks make me wonder whether my tranny is going bad or something.

Has anybody experience this?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Never had this or seen these little black things. Was it just one black speck or several. If its just one I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Don't know about the black plastic in the CVT fluid but I'm guessing the sound you hear when you put the vehicle in gear for the first time each morning could be the anti lock brakes self checking feature. This is described in your owner's manual, but I don't recall the section or page.

Does it make the same sound if you put it in a forward gear first thing in the morning or is it only in R?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only in R that it makes this tickand only when engine is completely cooled down.
And the black debris is there maybe 5 to 10 of them every time I check the oil. Doen't the cvt oil has it's own filtration system somewhere?

I'm afraid it might be the metal particles... Maybe I'm too concerned about this matter...

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
If there are particles everytime you check I would bring it to be looked ASAP. Please keeps us advised for any details.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts