Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
O2 sensors are cheap and fairly easy to replace. Then clear the code with an also cheap code reader. If the code returns, well...

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
CAT has 8 years 80K miles warranty.

Test your O2 sensor ....

Also check for cracked or leaking exhaust manifold. First gen has reports of that happening.

·
Administrator
9,369 Posts
Unless your car burns a ton of oil or you have been using a non-API certified oil, the cat is not bad on a 4-yr old car.

@Robotazky
Exactly! An O2 sensor is much more likely. How do you tell if it's bad? Read and interpret the codes (those are two separate processes at times.) O2 sensors are also easy to replace.

And BTW, you don't need to buy O2 sensors from a dealer, generic ones work fine.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
How do I determine if the o2 sensor is bad or the cat? 2015 Mo 2 wheel drive.
When you pulled the code, did you check the freeze frame data? Did you check the O2 sensor test data in Mode $06? Did you monitor the sensor live data while driving to see how the voltages react to different driving conditions? Have you gone under the car and checked for damage to the O2 sensor wiring harness or for an exhaust leak between the catalytic converter and the downstream O2 sensor?

My point is, do some troubleshooting beforehand or you might find that you've replaced a not-so cheap part that wasn't defective in the first place. You can find detailed guidance in the service manual available on the nicoclub forums (see the Engine Control "EC" file).

Reactions: KBrian

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I don't know where the sensor is located. Does anyone have a diagram of the location?
It's the Bank 2 sensor so that means it's the one behind the catalytic converter attached to the exhaust manifold that's towards the front of the car.

Here is the service manual for your car: https://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Murano/2015%20Murano/

The exploded diagram for the 3-way catalysts and related components is in the Engine Mechanical "EM" file.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts