Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this 05 a month ago and light came on got this code p0420 anyone tell me what it means autozone said not important

·
Registered
670 Posts
Just got this 05 a month ago and light came on got this code p0420 anyone tell me what it means autozone said not important
It's a fault associated with the (perceived) efficiency of the Bank 1 catalytic converter. Oftentimes this code can come and go and I suspect that whoever sold you the car knew about it.

Nevertheless, if you don't need to get an emissions inspection where you live to register your car then it probably wouldn't be extremely important to address although having the MIL illuminated all the time would be a nuisance. I'm surprised Autozone didn't try to sell you a new cat.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
The anti fouler trick added to the downstream O2 sensor (the one right by the CAT) usually works in eliminating the code. Assuming the CAT is still working ok and not clogged or have broken pieces inside.

·
Registered
158 Posts
In my opinion you should be inspecting the rear pre-cat by the firewall. It could be clogged. Mine clogged up on me, and I was getting this code...it ended up destroying my first engine in the vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts