Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay! I replaced all my (4) upstream downstream 02 sensors, both catalysts converters, spark plugs, three coil packs all the exhaust is new and Im still getting Code P0420. Also Im getting the code for the fuel sensor but here is where my question comes into place. Can a code for the fuel sensor trigger a P0420 Code? Hummm, What else can I do to get rid of this code I wont pass emissions and Im late.

·
Registered
12 Posts
A P0420 code indicates a problem with the catalytic converter. The purpose of the catalytic converter is to break down harmful pollutants created during the combustion cycle. If the downstream oxygen sensor is working properly, and there isn't an issue with the catalytic converter, its readings should remain steady.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Okay! I replaced all my (4) upstream downstream 02 sensors, both catalysts converters, spark plugs, three coil packs all the exhaust is new and Im still getting Code P0420. Also Im getting the code for the fuel sensor but here is where my question comes into place. Can a code for the fuel sensor trigger a P0420 Code? Hummm, What else can I do to get rid of this code I wont pass emissions and Im late.
Code P0420 is for O2 Sensors in Bank 1 (Side with Cylinder 1 which is closest to the Firewall) showing the presence of Oxygen in the Exhaust

Possible causes are:
  • Leaking 3-way catalyst manifold or it has used up the Catalyst and not burning off excess fuel/ air mix
  • Leaking Exhaust Tube
  • Leaking Air intake Tubes and Hoses
  • Leaking or Malfunctioning Fuel injector
  • Fouled Spark plug, Plug not firing or discharging into the valve body due to cracked ceramic electrode
  • Improper ignition timing.

I'd start with checking the Spark Plugs on the Bank 1 Side of the Engine since those are the most commonly ignored areas during tune-ups by many service shops due to the difficulty in accessing them. The tech would often just lie about changing the plugs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts