Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
P1800 is the VIAS Control Solenoid Valve error code. I'd pop open the hood, remove the engine cover, disconnect the VIAS solenoid and clean things up. Maybe it's just dirty and needs to be cleaned. Then clear the code and keep an eye on it. The Service Manual gives a lengthy troubleshooting procedure for it.

Component Description
The VIAS control solenoid valve cuts the intake manifold vacuum
signal for power valve control. It responds to ON/OFF signals from
the ECM. When the solenoid is off, the vacuum signal from the
intake manifold is cut. When the ECM sends an ON signal the coil
pulls the plunger downward and feeds the vacuum signal to the
power valve actuator.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
No problem. I don't sport a MO anymore, but still around to help where I can! ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bad Power Valve

Lost of Power as ECM is unable to modify the air passage way of the intake plenum. The valve is supposed to open just beyond 2 to 2.5k rpm so that you get the "power". Otherwise, it modifies the air flow to achieve low end torque at lower RPMs.

The clip on the power valve is made of plastic and will deteriorate over time. I found this the hard way after clean out the throttle body and the fluid took it out finally.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What were the symptoms to your MO from the bad VIAS solenoid???
I have the same P1800 code currently at Nissan service department running a diagnostics, I’ve been told it can be the transmission, hoping it is just the solenoid.
a symptom I’ve been having is whenI accelerate too soon after being on a stop, there’s sort of a kick or hesitation. Also same hesitation, kick, or jerk felt when I shift / switch gears from Drive to Rear and accelerate too soon.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I believe P1800 is a problem in the Variable Intake Air System Control Solenoid Valve Circuit.

It may explain the hesitation issue you've been having...

Who told you it may be the transmission?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
When the DTC numbers get above 1000, they can be highly proprietary. While some auto manufacturers specify P1800 as a transmission fault, Nissan defines it as a VIAS fault. My guess is the auto parts store clerk told her it was a transmission problem. It's probably just an open in the VIAS solenoid.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I believe P1800 is a problem in the Variable Intake Air System Control Solenoid Valve Circuit.

It may explain the hesitation issue you've been having...

Who told you it may be the transmission?
The Nissan service rep when I called said that it’s a trans code. There seems to be some confusion. But I got a diagnostic yesterday and trans is good, it’s the solenoid along with 2 bad motor mounts and a whole bunch of other things 😭

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
The Nissan service rep when I called said that it’s a trans code. There seems to be some confusion. But I got a diagnostic yesterday and trans is good, it’s the solenoid along with 2 bad motor mounts and a whole bunch of other things 😭
Glad it's not the transmission, that would be cost prohibitive for a 2003, about 5k to replace...

How many miles do you have on it?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Your 18 year-old Murano may not be worth what the dealership will charge you to do all that work. The VIAS solenoid is easily replaced with some basic hand tools (see the video below from a poster on these boards). If you still don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, have the dealership replace only that part and have them document the other problems in the work order so you can go to a reputable independent shop to do that work if you feel it needs to be done immediately as you'll save money. If you didn't notice any clunking noise when shifting from drive to reverse or vice versa then the motor mounts can probably be put off for a while.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
It’s a 2013 and it’s got 140k miles
That's good to know, the first post in this thread mentioned a 2003, and your post is in the first gen forum, but your post is still relevant in this forum.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Also do you know of any videos on HOW to ACTUALLY REPLACE the solenoid for code P1800
The solenoid in question is circled in the picture below (...you'll need to remove the engine cover to see it). Unplug the connector, remove the two small vacuum lines (note or mark which ports they plug in to--this is important), then remove the single 10mm bolt holding it in. Installation is reverse of removal. If you know someone that's "handy" they should be able to help you do it.

Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Automotive fuel system Vehicle Gas

·
Registered
14 Posts
The solenoid in question is circled in the picture below (...you'll need to remove the engine cover to see it). Unplug the connector, remove the two small vacuum lines (note or mark which ports they plug in to--this is important), then remove the single 10mm bolt holding it in. Installation is reverse of removal. If you know someone that's "handy" they should be able to help you do it.

View attachment 54068
That’s amazing thank you for that I’m actually pretty Danm handy I just need to know what I’m doing 😂

1 - 19 of 19 Posts