Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks I forgot to add the Number.

Napa filter Kit 1-5647

Close to 100 miles and no codes have returned.

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano LE AWD
1,108 Posts
nitely, the main issues were before the filter install. After the install he had a new problem (CVT whine) so he cleaned/reinstalled the original filter.

Interestingly, I looked up the Napa part and it says ATP15647. ATP is a company that makes aftermarket transmission parts so I went to their website and they apparently do not make a filter kit for the 2nd generation Murano. They do have a kit for the 1st generation (2003-2007) and I've linked it below. It looks similar to the Napa kit so I'm wondering if this is a parts fitment mistake on Napa's side.

ATP Automotive B-428 Filter Kit

Nevertheless, it could be that cleaning up the pan/filter (how dirty was the filter?) and putting new fluid in has helped resolve your previous issues. Keep us updated as you drive the car more.

BTW...there is also an external CVT filter you can change, if you haven't already (Nissan Part #31726-1XE0A): 31726-1XE0A | Genuine Nissan #31726-1XE0A FILTER ASSY OIL

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yes it was before I did the fluid change. I will also check out the external filter, thanks for the tip.

I am planning on checking the Crankshaft Position Sensor wiring also.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
After doing some further research, I saw that Autozone's transmission filter kit (TF633) also has the same complaints about the oil pickup being too long and hitting the bottom of the pan in the case of 2nd generation Muranos (and Maximas, apparently). I suspect that these kits do fit the 1st generation, but have been improperly marked by the manufacturer as also fitting the 2nd generation.

Thus, if anyone is considering buying these kits for a 2nd generation Murano then they should be aware that they will need to modify the filter (i.e. cut the pickup tube to the same length as the OEM filter).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yesterday i removed the ckp, wiring looked fine, ckp looked like new, no filing on it. The one thing I did notice is that it appeared to have a gap between sensor and grommet in tranny, thus space for snow, slush, etc to enter and dampen the tip of sensor and cause the ckp to cause timing issues making engine jerk and loose power, thus the code p0725.

I did use a o ring to attempt to cover the gap. Will find out next slushy day for driving.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Yesterday i removed the ckp, wiring looked fine, ckp looked like new, no filing on it. The one thing I did notice is that it appeared to have a gap between sensor and grommet in tranny, thus space for snow, slush, etc to enter and dampen the tip of sensor and cause the ckp to cause timing issues making engine jerk and loose power, thus the code p0725.

I did use a o ring to attempt to cover the gap. Will find out next slushy day for driving.
It's interesting that you mentioned a gap--was the sensor in all the way? Did it look like there was actual moisture penetration or evidence of salt residue on the sensor or in the oriface? I would think the o-ring going into the block should keep contaminants out, but keep us updated on whether or not the problem returns.

·
Registered
2010 MO LE AWD Platinum Silver
40 Posts
Today I reinstalled the original tranny filter. No more whining and works as it should. I did erase all the codes before driving it approximately 45 miles, no codes have returned to this point.

The Napa filter I had installed was in worse condition than I had expected as it was bent from the intake tube being pushed towards valve body from the tightening of the pan. I thought about replacing stepper motor but was unable to find one.
You can buy the stepper motor off Rockauto, eBay or even Amazon. Rockauto they are about $75, be even seen them on eBay and Amazon for about $29.00

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Wife said that it did jerk the other day. Could be possible for the timing solenoid to cause this problem????? have not checked codes lately

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Wife said that it did jerk the other day. Could be possible for the timing solenoid to cause this problem????? have not checked codes lately
Do you mean the VVT solenoids? Not likely, unless you're throwing codes for them. Plus, you've been throwing all kinds of CVT codes and a fault in the VVT system wouldn't do that.

When your wife experienced the "jerking" was it raining/snowing again?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts