Nissan Murano Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2010 MO LE AWD Platinum Silver
54 Posts
I’m not sure about jerking if it’s a bad wheel sensor. I know recently on my Murano, I had a hesitation on acceleration from a dead stop (like at a stop light or stop sign) I’d hit the gas and would have about a 10 second delay, I’d mash the gas pedal to the floor and nothing and then after about 5-10 seconds it would take off really fast. I thought it was a cvt issue. I ended up having a bad wheel hub/bearing assembly on the drivers front. I replaced it and during replacement I cleaned off the wheel speed sensor and now miraculously the hesitation is gone and my Murano is running good . I’d say try and take a video of it while it does it if you can safely while driving and post it on here. I’d really like to see what it’s actually doing or if it’s making any funny noises. Dumb question but do all four of the tires match and all four tires the same size (and with proper tire psi)?? Just curious and I’m also wondering if maybe you have a defective motor or transmission mount(s)??

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Good points regarding the tires needing to all be the same or the AWD system can struggle/misbehave. It could be the cause of the original poster's issue with it jerking only in wet conditions...

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano LE AWD
1,201 Posts
I’m not sure about jerking if it’s a bad wheel sensor. I know recently on my Murano, I had a hesitation on acceleration from a dead stop (like at a stop light or stop sign) I’d hit the gas and would have about a 10 second delay, I’d mash the gas pedal to the floor and nothing and then after about 5-10 seconds it would take off really fast. I thought it was a cvt issue. I ended up having a bad wheel hub/bearing assembly on the drivers front. I replaced it and during replacement I cleaned off the wheel speed sensor and now miraculously the hesitation is gone and my Murano is running good . I’d say try and take a video of it while it does it if you can safely while driving and post it on here. I’d really like to see what it’s actually doing or if it’s making any funny noises. Dumb question but do all four of the tires match and all four tires the same size (and with proper tire psi)?? Just curious and I’m also wondering if maybe you have a defective motor or transmission mount(s)??
That's interesting about the wheel speed sensor. What was on it that needed to be cleaned off? The signals from all four wheel speed sensors are actively monitored by the ABS Control Module so I would think if one of them was dropping a signal a fault code would at least be thrown--certainly if it was bad enough to result in the car not moving for 5-10 seconds. Did you do any other work on the car when you replaced the wheel hub assembly?

On the OP's problem, a video would be nice. Intermittent issues can be really hard to find. He may have to drive around while graphing various sensors on live data to see if any of them act up when this jerking phenomenon happens. I'm wondering if it's the crank sensor that's intermittently acting up since the problem happens both while accelerating and just cruising and sometimes he can see the RPMs drop. Also, the original code was an engine speed fault (thrown by the TCM) and he noted some issue with how the sensor was seated. Faulty crank sensors often don't throw any codes at all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
When I removed the wheel speed sensor to replaced the wheel hub it just had some (looked like dirt, road grime, a little rust ) on it. I cleaned it off before I re-assembled it. No other work was done after that just been driving it now and it’s running and driving great. However, I drive the car now daily and before it would sit a lot for almost a year.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Today I was driving myself at 75mph cruise was set. I had gotten in the fast lane to pass a semi when all of a sudden the rpms jumped, the transmission acted as if it was in neural. The engine went to idle, I got to the shoulder and tried revving engine with it stalling at 3,000 rpms.
Turned engine off, waited about 2 minutes and restarted engine, everything was normal again. Drove 15 miles no problems. No check engine light and scanned for codes and none present. (Bluedriver scan tool) I did check for mode 6 misfires and 2 and 4 did show the same amount as yesterday.
I am going to check for ABS codes.

thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
I’m just going to go on a wild limb here but if it were me (only because your MO has 183,000 miles) I’d go on Rockauto.com and order you a new fuel pump I’ve seen them on there for around $75-$125 and remove the rear seat bottom and access plate and replace it (only for peace of mind and to rule out a fuel delivery issue) and then I’d drive it and see. That’s just what I’d do but that’s my 2 cents worth it’s up to you

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Today I was driving myself at 75mph cruise was set. I had gotten in the fast lane to pass a semi when all of a sudden the rpms jumped, the transmission acted as if it was in neural. The engine went to idle, I got to the shoulder and tried revving engine with it stalling at 3,000 rpms.
Turned engine off, waited about 2 minutes and restarted engine, everything was normal again. Drove 15 miles no problems. No check engine light and scanned for codes and none present. (Bluedriver scan tool) I did check for mode 6 misfires and 2 and 4 did show the same amount as yesterday.
I am going to check for ABS codes.

thanks
This is the first time you mentioned anything about misfires--is the engine misfiring? If so, how many misfires are the monitors showing in Mode $06?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I have never noticed a misfire.
THe other day I removed covers and air filter cover to check for any vacuum leaks. What I did find was the throttle body resonator had hole in it. Today I installed a new resonator and cleaned throttle body(very carboned) and MAF sensor.
Weather forecast is for snow tomorrow so I will see what happens.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I have never noticed a misfire.
THe other day I removed covers and air filter cover to check for any vacuum leaks. What I did find was the throttle body resonator had hole in it. Today I installed a new resonator and cleaned throttle body(very carboned) and MAF sensor.
Weather forecast is for snow tomorrow so I will see what happens.
A vacuum leak can definitely cause hesitation problems that can seem like transmission issues (e.g. jerking), but they typically don't cause a car to go into limp mode, which is what seems to be happening in your case. Nevertheless, keep us updated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I have driven the car several hundred miles without problems to date, but my mpg has dropped considerably. I cleaned throttle body, ( on engine) and cleaned up the air box along with new air filter, and new throttle body resonator. I used throttle body cleaner. Could I have done something to it by cleaner it??? I am thinking to remove the ground battery cable so it needs to relearn driving conditions. thoughts please thanks

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I have driven the car several hundred miles without problems to date, but my mpg has dropped considerably. I cleaned throttle body, ( on engine) and cleaned up the air box along with new air filter, and new throttle body resonator. I used throttle body cleaner. Could I have done something to it by cleaner it??? I am thinking to remove the ground battery cable so it needs to relearn driving conditions. thoughts please thanks
How much has fuel economy dropped? The most common issue people run into when cleaning the throttle body is that the idle will be unusually high so the idle has to be relearned (there is a specific procedure in the service manual--did you do this?) Otherwise, how do long term fuel trims look at idle when the engine is warmed up (i.e. what are the values for bank 1 and 2)?

41 - 52 of 52 Posts