Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked Place Racing about a cold air intake and here is their reply, anyone live around them?

Thank you for your interest in Place Racing Inc. Sorry for the delay in
getting back to you with that information. Sorry, we have yet to start any plans on an intake for that car. I'm not sure if we will. If we were to attempt to we would need someone to bring in their car so we can design one.

Jonathan Huerta
Customer Service and Sales
Place Racing, Inc.
1028 W. Gladstone St.
Azusa, CA. 91702
(626)334-3345 Office
(626)334-3225 Fax

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
I am interested in this setup...

Perhaps we can gain extra 10 HP :p...:roadtrip:
Keep me posted...Thank you

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey guys popped the hood on the MO and it looks like there wont be a CAI.Look at your airbox now and tell me where the cone is gonna go.Better settle for Short Ram.

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
they are in development now, BTW

DEVELOPER

this is the one for my VK4.5l (will install it next week)

give em a call to see about availibility and pricing...

the owner has agreed to a very handsome discount for www.infinitifx.org members, and im SURE will do the same for the Mo_Org members....

between the muffler system, and the CAI, i can expect to net over 20bhp (mustang dyno tested) at the tires.....

also , next week should see the cat-back (with hi-flow res.) to seal the deal!!

SMS

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
After that bit with Stillen claiming that the G35 (or was it the FX35?) CAI would fit the Murano (which it didn't), are they working on one too?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok I see how they kept the stock opening that was the first problem I saw.Personally I would think of this as a short ram cause its still under a hot hood although they have that heat shield on it and the majority of air should come from the outside you are still getting warm air in there.Nevermind the price.Not trying to talk bad about the product I am just trying to say what I noticed.A JWT popcharger would be a better bet.As for their other products they seem overprice to me as well.Hey to other guy that was thinkin about going to $tealin for the exhaust I would watch out because their systems are known to rust quite quickly.Their customer service is also known to be pretty bad also.I know alot of people that have sworn to never go through them ever again.Alot of people.

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
although i havent received my CAI yet (shipped today), i assure you its not overpriced....(my muffler system is excellent)

you get what you pay for... unless you like plastic........

id rather pay a bit more for mandrel bends, stainles steel, and tight TIG/MIG welds thru-out....

just my opinion, i know... not faulting you or anyone for not liking these mods.....

im just trying to give you an alternative.....

scott

ps- i have a "Z" tube, i will be selling soon ...........

·
Registered
22 Posts
Man Im not sure I got a SS ceramic coated mandrel bent full tig CAI from Hotshot for 315$ with more tubing than that one.Also its been dyno proven to add and has the paperwork to prove it.CARB legal too I believe with an EO#.Thats as much quality you can get minus a Bypass.

·
Registered
22 Posts
oh my bad I LOL I forgot to mention its for my NX haha.But they do testing and ceramic coating for all their intakes.Its the standard and they also include all necessary hoses(silicon I might add),Silicone couplers and a MAF adaptor.And of course instructions if you need them.

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
ditto here (for some)

nylon reinforced silicone coupling, mandrel bent tubing, all adapters for the CC vent, MAF, etc....

its plug and play....

anyway, with the discount that they gave me for being a reg. member of infinitifx.org , it knocked off a good lil chunk........

lessee the NX!! (photo bug here)

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
It is interesting and all that the FX35 has a repositioned cone in development. How does this affect Murano owners? Our engines are not oriented the same way.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’m a little confused.

Is there a cold air intake for the Murano?
If so, by who, and how much?

And since were on the subject and esemes is here, is there or will there be a cat back, or exhaust from Paddock? I’ve emailed them, and all they say is check the site, will if the site is up, there is no info that I can find for the Murano.

Thanks much

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
dmako said:
I’m a little confused.

Is there a cold air intake for the Murano?
If so, by who, and how much?

And since were on the subject and esemes is here, is there or will there be a cat back, or exhaust from Paddock? I’ve emailed them, and all they say is check the site, will if the site is up, there is no info that I can find for the Murano.

Thanks much
the CAI and cat-back system for the Murnao should've been done by now... the donor car they (paddock) were gonna use never showed up, leaving them without final measurements.....

i spoke to them yesterday (ordered my CAI) and they told me they need a MO to stop in for a few hours, max.........

anyone in the NY area?? (Im sure a very good deal would be had....)

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In Haverstraw NY

If from mid-east Connecticut.
Mapquest states it's a 2 hour and 15 min. trip for me. I'd do it if they let me keep the finished product for free.

Or heck, counldn't they rent one for a day?

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
GOOD IDEA!

i never thought of that........ sure would be the easiest way to get the donor car handled......

but then gain, if you were closeby, you'd get a full exhaust system, installed, dyno tested (with video and report) and the CAI ijnstalled, tested, and documented, all in one day....

ken's shop is in Haverstraw, NY.... his number is 845-429-4130

please let him know you saw the info here, and that scott recommends (will help you out, im told)

good luck!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In case you missed my edit I'm 2 hours and 15 min. away.

esemes said:
GOOD IDEA!

i never thought of that........ sure would be the easiest way to get the donor car handled......

but then gain, if you were closeby, you'd get a full exhaust system, installed, dyno tested (with video and report) and the CAI ijnstalled, tested, and documented, all in one day....

ken's shop is in Haverstraw, NY.... his number is 845-429-4130

please let him know you saw the info here, and that scott recommends (will help you out, im told)

good luck!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts