Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all.. before I share my first complaint.. I must say, that after the first 48 hours of driving this car.. WOW.. Very nice.. a lot of congrats to the designers and to Nissan.. Amazing Vehicle..

With that in mind.. I have noticed something which I would consider to be a design flaw.. for those of you, who like warm hands a feet, one problem I have noticed is that the "angle" at which you can put the vents at.. there is no way direct them at your lower body/feet.. the lowest you can angle them is parallel with the ground.. No I know that this is related to thier position on the dash and the angle of the dash.. but still.. not the best solution..

I'd suggest a "under the dash" vent (like I had in my old Dodge avenger) it was right under the steering column, and you could treat it like any other vent (on/off/angle etc..)

Another problem I have noticed is that the "automatic" lights are to quick to turn on.. I was driving in a bit of a snow storm this morning , and every 30 seconds they would go ON, and OFF.. it got annoying so I tured them off.. the "decision" to turn them on (and off) seems to be a bit quick for my liking..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Isn't there a setting to change the mode of air flow from just top vents to both bottom and top or just bottom vents? I think I saw that button during the test drive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are definitely vents under there. Maybe what this person's talking about is that the vent for feet is positioned to far up when the "feet" vent IS selected, not when it's not selected.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hasn't bothered me and I drove mine through a snowstorm in Ohio and PA over the holidays. We've got over 1,700 miles on it now ... never had cold feet!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have over 1700 miles on mine as well and haven't had any problem with my feet being cold. The Auto mode seems to leave the feet airflow on constantly while heating.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Auto Lights Trouble

Yes... the auto light feature is WAY to sensitive. They come on when you go under an overpass ! Also they stay on for 45 seconds after you leave the car which is way to long. I asked the service guys about adjusting the delay time ( which the manual says is possible) but of course the service guys dont have a clue and will need to spend a week reading the tech manual.

·
4,664 Posts
I'm actually glad to hear they come on under an overpass! There's an overpass that I often go through in downtown Toronto that's kind of dangerous at times. The traffic gets backed up through it, and on a sunny day, you from bright to dark so fast, it's not always easy to see if there's a car right in front of you. If they have their lights on, it's a lot easier to see them! Especially when they've stopped, and you're still moving. I sure wouldn't want someone ramming my new Murano there..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts