Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every morning, when it is cold. I get a large amount of white exhaust that collects in the rear window as i drive down the highway. Is there something I can go or adjust to make it go away or less? Sometimes I cannot see out the back window at all. Does anyone else have this problem.

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
Mine does the exact same thing.. I found the solution too..

Don't keep flooring the gas... :D:D

there is not much you can do , due to earo dynamics of the vehicle..
just try and use a lighter foot on the gas..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wonder if it is the type of gas you use aswell?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Maybe.............if the aftemarket EVER gets us one of those wind deflectors that keep the back window clean (er)........

Homer

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
What about the rear window defroster?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its not frost or on the window itself. it is white exhaust that collects in the rear area of the window.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Does using the windshield wiper help? I have this washer fluid which is a deicer and water repellant, seems to work pretty well at keeping the windows defogged too. Strange, since the fog usually builds up inside the windows.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its, not on the window. It is the exhaust that comes from the muffler tips. when you drive, fast on a highway, it seems to be dragged up into the rear window area.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Well there's a solution to that: drive fast enough that you don't have to worry about anyone catching up to you!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The faster I go the more white exhaust collects in the back window

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Matrixnyc said:
The faster I go the more white exhaust collects in the back window
Maybe try keeping your rear window very clean. Might prevent it from fogging up.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Last time, It is not fog that is on the window, it is in the area of where you look out the windows.

No fog, no frost, no ice, no dirt, no nothin just exhaust.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Matrixnyc said:
Last time, It is not fog that is on the window, it is in the area of where you look out the windows.

No fog, no frost, no ice, no dirt, no nothin just exhaust.
Ok I understand now. So your rear windows (like on the doors I am assuming, since the tiny triangle windows in the back are hard to see out of) are being obscured by the exhaust? Initially I had never driven an SUV before the Murano, and I used to look over my shoulder before turning. Now I find that the side mirrors virtually eliminate the blind spot, so even without looking out the rear window, I can usually tell if there is a car next to me. Maybe try adjusting your side mirrors to compensate, temporarily. Its the best I can think of right now, since I doubt there is a better fix for it at the moment.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
NOPE NOPE NOPE!

Thats not it. On a cold morning when the car is on and the exhaust is coming out of the tips you can see the 'cloud' out of your rear window. That is what is obscurring his vision. My mustang did the same thing. I kinda like it....my own personal smoke screen.

Now, did I get it right?

·
Registered
86 Posts
water vapor is generated in a combustion, so exhaust gas contains water vapor. in cold days, before your engine and exhaust warms up, some of the vapor condenses back into tiny water droplets which form your smoke screen.

you don't see them anymore after your exhaust system heats up.

there's no way around it. the placement of our "dual" exhaust might have elevated the "problem".

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I was thinking that because of the way our exhaust is setup, with the muffler stuck that far in the back that it takes a long time for it to heat up. I drive about 45 minutes to work and i can see the exhaust vapor the entire way in the winter.

Like I said before, doesn't bug me none!

·
Registered
203 Posts
It's been in the -30C here for the last few weeks and I know exactly what you mean. Because of the rear end design the backdraft causes the fog to linger behind the MO. Not much you can do about it until someone comes out with some kind of a deflector which could be mounted to the original one to make it more efficient. In all honesty, it dose'nt bother me the least bit, but I guess that's just me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts