Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the cold weather has started my tire pressure has dropped to 27 PSI and the flat tire warning appeared.

Well not the pressue is back up to 30-31 PSI but the little flat light below the tach is always on.

Also if I check the tire pressue it says that I have a flat tire and should check.

How do I reset the flat tire warning?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I might have found the answer by searching.

There is no "Reset" steps in the service manual, but I called the dealer, and they said to take it ABOVE 32 for 6 miles.. and it will reset..

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Inflate all the tires (cold) to the mfg recommended 32 psi. It needs to be checked more often in cold weather.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the exact same problem! It drove me crazy. Until I found out that the tire pressure needs to be at 33 PSI. Look on the inside of the drivers door, where it latches. There is a sticker with some PSI numbers and, unlike a typical car, these SUV tire require 33 PSI. I pumped them up and I haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have the TPM as well and I parked on Snow and Ice for 2 days of Below 0 degree temps and the sensors never gave me an error. Are you sure that the tire are under inflated for cold weather. Wonder it you might have defective sensors?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I have my own air compressor so in my garage (which is usually between 50-60 degrees) I inflate the fronts to 36, rears to 34. Then when I am driving outside in the 0 degree weather, the tire pressures are right at spec - 33psi.

·
Registered
78 Posts
tire pressure

I encountered the same problem. The sensor activates at 27 psi. I added air incrementally by 1 psi. The sensor reset at 28 psi. Remember, tire pressure decreases with temp.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I just had this happen with the last big-freeze up here in the northeast. My tires dropped from a lovely 33 PSI (cold) to 26/27 PSI (cold). I got them up to around 30 when hot, but the sensor remained on.

I just refilled them this morning. Back up to 33/34 PSI (didn't have a digital gauge when filling) and the light went off after about a minute of driving.

·
Registered
78 Posts
tire pressure

Inflating the tires above 30 psi directly affects road noise and ride. I keep mine at 29 psi. I contacted the tire manufacturer and 29 psi has no adverse tire effects.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The handling is a lot mushier and steering less responsive if you underinflate your tires. There was a dramatic difference in cornering feel when I increased pressure from 32 to 35 psi.

·
Who needs titles?
23 Posts
same thing happened to me... just put some air in the tires (32-35 psi) and your golden.

When it warms up, you'll need to let some out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the same problems as well :(

This happens when when the weather gets really cold.

All I could do is inflate the tire that shows a lower PSI.

This is probably the only problem of having a TPM :2:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Well, then there is the problem of rotating the tires..........
And the problem of having the guys at Discount Tire do it right when you replace the OEM tires.....

I deliberatly did not buy the one with the NAV.
I deliberatly did not buy the one with the TPMS.

I am sorry I didn't get the NAV.;)

Homer

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just to let eveyone know, aired up the tires, warning is gone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts