Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone:

Looking to get an '06 SE w/Touring and the NAV as well. Am disappointed Nissan no longer offers the copper color for '06.

My question is this: Which color would retain more value, Sunset Red or Platinum?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
seenbuddy said:
Hi Everyone:

Looking to get an '06 SE w/Touring and the NAV as well. Am disappointed Nissan no longer offers the dark orange color for '06.

My question is this: Which color would retain more value, Sunset Red or Platinum?
seenbuddy-

You're kidding right?

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i don't think the color will decide end value but rather what statement your trying to send other people. the red will portray the mo as more sporty when your trying to sell it in the future while the platinum will appeal as more modern and luxurious to potential customers. the murano resale value is excellent no matter what color you choose.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I notice that every time I look my car up on KBB, there is a deduction for silver. You might check there for what colors incur a penalty.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I originally wanted to buy the copper, but wifey said it was orange.
I guess she wasn't alone. :)

When I buy used........haven't bot a used MAIN car in many, many years.........but have bot a couple of "second" cars used..........I don't consider color..........type of car and condition are the deciding factors......tho I would never buy a black car new or used..........

Homer

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
ekaxel said:
I notice that every time I look my car up on KBB, there is a deduction for silver. You might check there for what colors incur a penalty.
ekaxel-

Out of curiosity, what is the value of the deduction for silver?

-njjoe

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Color Question

seenbuddy said:

Kidding as to what?
It is just that I had never heard of anyone selecting a car color based strictly on it's resale value.

-njjoe

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
There is no adjustment for color on a used Murano on KBB.

Homer

·
42 Posts
Color

I don't think there’s a resale $$ penalty for any particular color, especially for a car as cool looking as the MO. I'd go with a color that I'd like to own for the next few years.

I'd rather have a car that I can look at and go -
"Wow, that color looks nice"
vs.
"Whooo, that color is going to have a great resale value in a few yrs".

Just a personal opinion. Getting off my soap box now..... :)
Hope you enjoy the car, whatever color you get.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually my real dilemma is not the resale value (I don't know why I posted that in the first place).

Just which color (Platinum or Sunset Red) is preferred amongst the present day owners of Muranos? Seems like alot of other cars have the Platinum color these days and the Red I have not seen in person (i.e. on the road) to really judge.

I really wish they had not canned the Copper color.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
seenbuddy-

I have a platinum MO and absolutely love the color. However, if red was available when I was buying, I would have opted for the red.

I am sure the copper will be back someday. Copper is still available on the MO in other markets (i.e Australia, Middle East, etc.)

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i think the red will be a rare color like the deep bordoux and the sunlight orange. red will defenitaly distinguish you from the crowd.

·
17 Posts
Murano Color Choice

Hi all - newbie here! We bought our MO 2+ weeks ago - went with the Sunset Red OUT OF THE BROCHURE!!! Ordered it thru a broker, never saw it in person (rare color being new for '06), so when it was delivered I was shocked! Beware - there is more orange to it than the brochure shows, but this is one amazing color. It has a different primary hue depending on your angle, sun vs shade, etc., but IMO it is definitely the most dramatic and impressive color not only for the MO but for any Nissan I've ever seen. Not overly feminine or masculine - just right for my wife (primary driver) or myself (picky husband). One warning, though - with the Sunset Red, the charcoal leather, all the little chrome accents, you're going to HAVE to get chrome rims. It makes all the difference in the world. I'd upload photos, but it's overcast and rainy here now so they wouldn't do it justice.

Whatever color you pick, the Mo is a slick ride...

·
5,244 Posts
Congratulations! Enjoy your new ride, and............new rims......soon..:2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone. Will probably go with the red (despite the GFs objections) and use the Dealer Net pricing as a base to start from. Kudos to whoever got that.:1:

Frazz, with the touring package the dark leather is the best color for the interior....what about those hot summer days?

Hey, anybody got an idea on what happened to Xbox mod connector that Generatorlabs was offering? I went to the site and it says unavailable. Is it being licensed to another company now?

·
17 Posts
From seenbuddy:
Frazz, with the touring package the dark leather is the best color for the interior....what about those hot summer days?

Well, we're gluttons for punishment. I have an '06 Altima in Sheer Silver with the charcoal leather too. We're going to give them both a shot this summer, and when it gets to 110 and we can't sit in the car for 20 minutes until the AC puts out the fire, we're going with remote starters. It also helps that the factory tint on the MO is pretty dark. I had to have the Altima aftermarket, because it came to me looking like a rolling fishbowl!

If anyone has had any experience installing remote starter on the MO or Altima, I'd love to hear your story - sounds like a DIY job to me...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: RE: Color Question

frazz said:
From seenbuddy:

Well, we're gluttons for punishment. I have an '06 Altima in Sheer Silver with the charcoal leather too. We're going to give them both a shot this summer, and when it gets to 110 and we can't sit in the car for 20 minutes until the AC puts out the fire, we're going with remote starters. It also helps that the factory tint on the MO is pretty dark. I had to have the Altima aftermarket, because it came to me looking like a rolling fishbowl!

If anyone has had any experience installing remote starter on the MO or Altima, I'd love to hear your story - sounds like a DIY job to me...
got any pics there Frazz?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts