Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had our Murano for about 800 miles. It looks like the tan color is rubbing off the driver's side air bag cover. It's not dirty; but you can see that the "paint" is wearing off revealing the gray plastic beneath. Has anyone had this issue?

Thanks,
Edward

·
Registered
834 Posts
I have the tan interior (03) and no mine is intact... so far.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I have the Cafe Latte interior (tan) as well - no problem here with the driver's side airbag cover at 1600 miles and two plus months of ownership.

·
Registered
116 Posts
No problems with my Cafe Latte interior either, 6k + miles now.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I DO! I have had the problem like within 2 weeks of owning the car! It's insane! But I dunno what is there to do except complaint to the dealer and they will probably say it's my fault and won't do crap!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I'll be taking the car into the dealer tomorrow to see if it can be replaced. The 85,000 mile Rodeo the Murano replaced never had this problem. I'll post an update of the results.

-Edward

·
Registered
424 Posts
I don't think just the cover can be replaced. Looks like it would require the air bag to be replaced, too. I wouldn't want my dealer messing with the air bag.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We dumped the Rodeo for a few reasons. First off, the Murano was a graduation gift for my wife. My wife had used the 2000 Rodeo for the last 4 years to commute to schoole. While it was in excellent shape, I just didn't "trust" it to last. In the time we had it it never had any major problems. However, it had always consumed about a quart of oil every 3,000 miles - which was deemed normal by the dealer and Isuzu. It had also experienced a drop in fuel economy over the years. One other thing that really worried me was Isuzu itself. 2004 will be the last year that Isuzu will be selling any of their own consumer vehicles. Only the Ascender, a rebadged GM Trailblazer/Envoy, will possibly be sold in 2005. I didn't like the idea of having a Daihatsu on my hands. The fact the Isuzu enjoys the lowest percentage of current owner that would buy Isuzu again didn't make me feel any better either.

mattsmurano said:
Edward98,

Why didn't you buy another Rodeo?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Let me know how it works out. I should be taking my MO in for service next week and will mention it to the dealer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dealer ordered a replacement air bag. Should be here within a week.

-Edward

·
Registered
81 Posts
So basically they have to replace the whole cover and the air bag module? Gee...if that's the case that's expensive for Nissan.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Airbag came in this morning. Took the truck in and got the airbag replaced in less than 1 hour. Looks great. No scratches or other damage anywhere. I'm pleased.

-Edward

1 - 13 of 13 Posts