Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Colorado folks out there who want to comment on driving in the Rockies? I do mostly city driving but drive up into the hills a few times each year. General performance and snow driving comments are welcome.

Thanks!:18:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm from the Springs and frequently travel to Vail and other high mountain areas. The Murano has been exceptional. It's amazing to put the cruise on 65mph and go flying by everyone else who's struggling up to Eisenhower Tunnel, or up Vail Pass. I've had no snow problems whatsoever. I did go into a slide once and the VDC pulled me right out of it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm from the Springs as well and have absolutely loved my Murano around here. Took it up camping over Cottonwood pass (West of Buena Vista near Taylor Reservoir) the other day and it handled great. The fire road had lots of bumps and holes in it but my MO didn't have a single problem. Quiet too compared to the Chevy Blazer my friend was driving. Averaged 25.4MPG (using 85 octane) during the trip (~260 miles) which I felt was pretty good considering we went from 6000ft up to ~12k ft on old fire roads and hills.

As for in the snow, it took a little while to learn not to fight the VDC (highly recommended BTW) but it handles great on the snow and ice around here in stock wheels.

One interesting note, on the way back down to CS, I passed another MO who I waved to and they waved back. Pretty cool except his MO was cleaner than mine! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mountain driving

I live in the Sierra Nevada foothills in northern Califorina. Driving on the mountain roads in this car is great. I have only been up to 7000 ft but my MO ran smooth all the way up and down.

I have been woundering how to acknowledge other lucky Murano drivers and I have decieded to use the 'Peace Sign'.

Mike Brown
03 SL Copper/Charcoal

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback! I went to test drive the Murano on 8/7 and guess what I drove home with! My poor Explorer (which I will miss as it has been a great vehicle) is relegated to the driveway - no more garage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts