Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in the wonderful scape of my motorsports world a new family member was introduced, Evan Joseph Munoz. With this new addition to our family I felt it neccessay to purchase a vehicle, for my wife, that would accomodate all our needs. The number one contender? The Nissan Murano.
So hopefully in two weeks, when our tax returns come in, we'll be purchasing a Platinum SE. Just thought I'd introduce my wife (Kim) and myself (Justin) to the mo community.

Interestingly enough, it seems I already know someone on this forum. MightyMo!!!

He probably doesn't remeber but he actually was my track coach at ThunderHill accouple of years ago. It was a Club Z day that my buddies' (AutoRnD) were helping sponsor and he was assigned to ride with me as my guide. I drove a 2000 celica gt-s that was silver. Needless to say that car is long gone but I've moved on to bigger and better things (sig).

Anyway, just wanted to say hi to all and hopefully we'll be getting the car soon.

Also can anyone reccommend a dealership? So far we've only been to Stevens Creek Nissan and they had the 06 plat MO SE for 37,485.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Congratulations on the baby and the soon-to-be-acquired MO! You'll love it! :D

I am in the same position... I have my first baby due in August this year (August 13 is the anticipated due date.) I loved my Audi A4, but I had to sell it to buy the MO becaues I knew I'd need more room. The MO is wonderful and I don't miss the Audi like I thought I would.

I got my MO from North Bay Nissan (used.) But they were a VERY easy dealership to work with. It took only a couple of phone calls to get to a price I wanted to pay. They even picked me up from SFO airport and drove my wife and me 1 hour back to Petaluma. Can't say enough good things about the dealership.

Bob

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congratulations on BOTH new family members!

I just bought a pre-owned 2003 MO from Falore Nissan in Sunnyvale. I was very impressed with Reddy (their internet fleet rep) - very genuine person. While Falore doesn't have the inventory that Stevens Creek has, I would much rather deal with Reddy than the average dealer salesman (he is very atypical). Tell him that John (the guy who just bought the 2003 polished pewter MO 2 weeks ago) referred you.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got mine at falore nissan in sunnyvale last july. Talk to srikar reddy. he was very helpful in getting me the exact vehicle i wanted. (I checked out steven creek nissan, but the sales mgr was so rude and wanted me to put down $10k without showing me the vehicle).
welcome to Club MO!
Yadu

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bay Area dealer

We bought our 2004 SL at Daland Nissan in Millbrae; Mommsen Lee was our salesman, very nice and low-key. Just do your homework first at Kelly Blue Book or Edmunds on the web.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Way back in 2003 I got a great deal on my MO from McKevitt Nissan in Berkeley. Give them a try if you haven't already.

Avoid Stevens Creek Nissan - I bought my Maxima from there and their customer service is terrible. Once you are out the door, its like they don't even know you and its nearly impossible to get any warranty service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much for the congrats!! We'll definately check out Falore Nissan.

Also was wondering, if you guys don't mind, if you wouldn't mind stating how much you paid "out the door" or what price range I should be expecting for an 05/06 se awd in platinum. Stevens Creek wanted 37,485 for their platinum se awd.

-just

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
The price really depends on the options you want to get. I paid $100 over invoice at capitol Nissan in San Jose for my MO but could have probably done better if I did not have my wife and kid with me (they were tired and wanted to go home)....:3:

Tax, license and extended warranty were additional...

·
Registered
485 Posts
On the flip side, I had my kids along and they were getting noisy and rambunctious in their show room as the negotiations dragged on into their second hour, I think it puts more pressure on them than me ;)

I vaguely remember a ClubZ track day where I had a student in a Celica, and he was my best student of the day by far since in such a underpowered car driving the right line really makes a huge difference and clicked for him, while the posers in the souped up Zs and Spras and whatever were more interested in going fast on the straights than learning how to go fast in the corners :rolleyes: . Could have been you, but I could have sworn it was a blue Celica...hmmm...anyway, welcome to the club! :4:

I got my Mo at Steven's Creek Nissan, but mostly because they had EXACTLY what I wanted, it was a 2003 and the date was like January 3rd 2004, so they were desperate to get it off their lot. Got it for a couple hundred under invoice.

I've never had any real problems with their service, just gotta hold their feet to the fire if they play dumb on you. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MightyMo said:
I vaguely remember a ClubZ track day where I had a student in a Celica, and he was my best student of the day by far since in such a underpowered car driving the right line really makes a huge difference and clicked for him, while the posers in the souped up Zs and Spras and whatever were more interested in going fast on the straights than learning how to go fast in the corners :rolleyes: . Could have been you, but I could have sworn it was a blue Celica...hmmm...anyway, welcome to the club! :4:
hmm, i just remember you saying that my best turn was 9 and that we passed a bunch of 350's, an ol' school carrera, and an e36 M3.

how about this?:

It's you and I after coming in from a run group session.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts