Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything I should have the dealer take care of before my warranty expires?

I already had to have the Dealer replace the:
  • Alternator
  • Gear Shifter.
I read something about squeaky brakes. Mine squeak sometimes but I'm sure they wouldn't if the Dealer tested them out [just my luck]. Can I have the Dealer replace them under warranty without hearing the squeak?

Just wanted to make sure I take full advantage of my 36000 mile warranty.

Thanks

·
Registered
792 Posts
Brakes are not covered under warranty. Unless you can somehow convince them the squeek is a defect and not from wear.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
OTOH there wasn't even a discussion about warranty when I had my front brake pads replaced according to the TSB.
They just did it.
Of course, the car was less than a year old with only <>6000 miles.
I don't think you have a prayer with 36,000 miles. JMHO.

Homer

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
On the other hand, Praying never hurts.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
FlyerNo9 said:
Is there anything I should have the dealer take care of before my warranty expires?

I already had to have the Dealer replace the:
  • Alternator
  • Gear Shifter.
I read something about squeaky brakes. Mine squeak sometimes but I'm sure they wouldn't if the Dealer tested them out [just my luck]. Can I have the Dealer replace them under warranty without hearing the squeak?

Just wanted to make sure I take full advantage of my 36000 mile warranty.

Thanks
Short answer is no. The dealer will not do a warranty repair unless you can reproduce the problem to show them. However, with 36,000 miles on the brake pads, they wouldn't replace them anyways, they would say they are worn out (even if they are not).

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok... ok... 'no question is a dumb question'... right ;-)

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I know with my other cars (GM brand) they would warranty the brakes only up to 12k miles.

Doesn't hurt to ask the dealer to inspect them just in case.

Indeed - there is NO SUCH THING as a stupid question. We're here to help one another, not ridicule.

:1:

·
Registered
16 Posts
For brakes...try and find a way to convince them that the rotors are warped and they would turn them and replace the pads. Of course, unless they're warped or you are getting vibration from them when you brake you're out of luck.

Larry:D

·
Registered
545 Posts
Flyer

What was wrong with your gear shifter?

The shifter knob is a bit loose on mine, but the dealer is reluctant to address the issue.

Thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Flyer9's Gear Shifter

The leather on the Gear Shifter was pealing off.

Niners Gear Shifter

I took it in and they just ordered me a new Shifter. About three weeks later I took it in for an Oil Change and the put the Shifter on under warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts