Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the DC area there are plenty of SLs (which I've had a chance to test drive), but SEs are lacking. Could someone who has driven both models comment on the handling differences? Does the SE exhibit much less body roll and squat & dive compared to the SL? I'm not too concerned about ride harshness as I own a lowered Audi A4 and VW GTI. TIA!

·
Registered
82 Posts
i haven't driven it yet but it's suppose to have better handling (body roll, cornering, squat, dive, etc..). there aren't much here in the bay area either so couldn't tell ya. the sl handles really good so i wonder how better the se is. if there is much difference or little.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I haven't driven a SE but a review I read either at thecarconnection.com or perhaps New Car Test Drive mentioned that they drove both and didn't appreciate much difference to justify spending $400 more for the SE. One review complained about the harshness present in the SL when hitting bumps and mentioned the SE was even worse. The SL can be harsh, but I guess you'll have to drive both to really determine which one you like better.

·
Registered
139 Posts
SE vs SL and mileage results.

We drove both before selecting the SE. The SL felt noticably "flacid" compared to the SE. The price difference is worth geting the SE. We have owned quite a few cars and were trying to pare down, so the SE acts more like a sporty car.
Also for further information, gas mileage is a bit better with premium versus regular. 19.4 vs 23.5 mpg.

·
4,664 Posts
Drove an SE and I thought it was a bit harsh. However, tire pressure's going to affect the ride too, so if you really want to get picky in a comparison, you'll have to check this as well.

Update> Drove an SL for half an hour and it seemed a bit nicer, not as harsh. However, the time between the two rides was significant, so I might have been in a better mood! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Test drove both and I couldn't tell much of a difference other than when SE hit a pot hole, you definitely feel it. I was hoping to feel the difference in body roll but didn't.

·
Registered
4 Posts
And those wheels....

Couldn't decern a difference between the two other than the wheels -- like the looks of the SL better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts