Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have had my 2004 SL AWD for three days now and love it. I seem to have the same clicking noise just behind my left ear that others have reported. It sounds like a wire or cable striking plastic behind the seatbelt adjustment. Also, for some reason my compass always states I'm heading in an easterly direction. I changed it to the right "zone" but problem still exists.

any thoughts short of getting the dealership to take a look?

Thanks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
kennyf said:
Hello all,

Also, for some reason my compass always states I'm heading in an easterly direction. I changed it to the right "zone" but problem still exists.

any thoughts short of getting the dealership to take a look?

Thanks.
This might work ...... and it might not. On my old Pathfinder, there were a couple of times that my compass developed a mind of its own. I can't remember the exact sequence of button pressing and holding, but I "re-initiated" it and drove VERY slowly in a figure 8 in a parking lot. After about 2 times 'round, it resets itself and works fine. Having said all that, I've never had the problem in my MO and I don't know if the "technology" is the same (ie. the PF's compass was in the ceiling console; the MO's is in the mirror).

·
Registered
719 Posts
Page 2-6 of your owner's manual says "If the display reads "C" calibrate the compass by driving the vehicle in three complete circles at less than 5mph.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
And be prepered to explain to the nice officer what you were doing.

At least that's what I had to do on an early Sunday morning "calibration" in my new Chrysler in Dallas about 7 years ago. (Best Buy parking lot.)
BTW, it worked.

Homer

Don't know about showing East all the time. Dealer time I should imagine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. I saw the reference to the 'C' reading in the compass, however my compass never showed a 'C'. Anyway, I did the figure 8 thing (and did get some strange looks) and it appears to have worked. The compass is actually showing letters other than 'E'. Now for that annoying little tap I hear right behind my left ear.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I seem to have the same clicking noise just behind my left ear too and i don't like it. Do you have a lot of wind noise? when i'm driving i can't believe the outside noise this suv has.. i'm not pleased at all and the first chance i get this suv is gone..

2003 SL pearl white

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Sorry to hear that cmftzne. I don't find the wind noise bad at all on this vehicle. Perhaps you've got a leak or perhaps you are dragging an FX35 behind you and that is creating extra wind noise. :p

·
Registered
466 Posts
In Nissans defense and as with any new vehicle, this sort of stuff is bound to happen. (Rattles and such.)

In the consumers defense, I must say that Nissan should be doing all they can to fix these rattles. For a TSB to say that the dealer must replicate the sound is absurd. I don't care if it costs them an extra hours worth of labor or not, it is just beyond me.

This is the first Nissan I have owned and though I am impressed with my vehicle (no problems to date other than the gas cap lock actuator making a wierd noise when it is unloocked), it looks as if Nissan service is similar to Ford. For those that haven't dealt with Ford service, please don't. It's not worth all the heart ache you will encounter. Several friends own Ford's the service is down right crap. I will try not to be judgemental with this as I don't think anyone has dealt with the Nissan service here in Las Vegas, so I'll try to keep my mind open until then.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree rattles and squeaks are bound to happen. It is just that much more torturing with it right behind my left ear! On another note while I have not had the (dis-)pleasure of dealing with Ford service, I certainly hope that Nissan does not display the same level.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I also have this noise coming from the diver's B pillar. Several people do, I wish Nissan would come out with a fix as there is clearly a lose part in the upper B pillar.

The dealer so far states first "we didn't hear anything" then you point it out to them and they say turn up the radio (I am not kidding).

kennyf said:
I agree rattles and squeaks are bound to happen. It is just that much more torturing with it right behind my left ear! On another note while I have not had the (dis-)pleasure of dealing with Ford service, I certainly hope that Nissan does not display the same level.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Rattles & Other Assorted Noises

cmftzne said:
I seem to have the same clicking noise just behind my left ear too and i don't like it. Do you have a lot of wind noise? when i'm driving i can't believe the outside noise this suv has.. i'm not pleased at all and the first chance i get this suv is gone..

2003 SL pearl white
Sorry to say this, but you'll have to get used to the rattles or start the un-ending fight that I have beed fighting since 2 weeks after I took delivery of my car back in May. The rattles will not go away, and they will start recruiting more friends as time goes by......I have a symphony of assorted rattles at every bump and turn.

My Nissan dealer has attempted to fix it on three seperate occasions (21 days total shop time), but it's only made the problem worse. Plus, with every attempt to fix the front window rattles....the wind noise gets worse.

I'm dealing with the executive level at Nissan now. If this doesn't get resolved soon, I'll be in the loony bin.

I never thought I could regret a car purchase more than I do this one! This will be the last "first year" car I ever buy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts