Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

On our 2017 Platinum, the compass suddenly disappeared yesterday during a trip. We did not change any settings, did not enter a destination in the navigation, nor do our keys have different settings. I've gone through all the settings, and I do not see where the compass (itself) can be turned off (or on).

This question has been brought to the forum before, but there have been no answers/solutions put forward.

If anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate it before I take it to the dealer...

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi all:

On our 2017 Platinum, the compass suddenly disappeared yesterday during a trip. We did not change any settings, did not enter a destination in the navigation, nor do our keys have different settings. I've gone through all the settings, and I do not see where the compass (itself) can be turned off (or on).

This question has been brought to the forum before, but there have been no answers/solutions put forward.

Thanks,

Tim
The Directional Sensor, Infocenter Computer, and Display could be at fault here. Try to reset the computer by power cycle it (removing the battery terminals, wait about 10 minutes, and reconnect) and see what happens.

·
Administrator
9,358 Posts
On the 07 Murano (note, that was a different generation...) the compass was contained in the mirror and had no communication with the rest of the car. I can't swear the later versions are the same. But I added a mirror with compass to my 07 and all I needed was to provide power to the mirror.

·
Registered
341 Posts
On the 07 Murano (note, that was a different generation...) the compass was contained in the mirror and had no communication with the rest of the car. I can't swear the later versions are the same. But I added a mirror with compass to my 07 and all I needed was to provide power to the mirror.
I presume this comment by the Super Duper Mod is meant to inject some character into this forum since it has no relevance to what an owner of the 3rd generation Mo was inquiring about.................................... :D

·
Administrator
9,358 Posts
I presume this comment by the Super Duper Mod is meant to inject some character into this forum since it has no relevance to what an owner of the 3rd generation Mo was inquiring about.................................... :D
Au contraire, mon frere....

Whether it pertains or not remains to be seen. The suggestion is to check whether the connection is the same as the 1st gen before assuming that it the 3rd gen is more complex. There are aftermarket compass mirrors which are similar to the 1st gen; they only require power, not any connection to the car's ECU.

·
Registered
686 Posts
My compass has disappeared on a few drives as well. I find resetting the radio makes it come back. I think its a glitch that occurs when the Infotainment system boots up. You can always press and hold "menu" button while rotating the volume nob back and forth. This will get you into the diagnostics menu. Then press the "back" button and it will reboot the system. I find this fixes it for me....

·
Administrator
9,358 Posts
Sounds like it's connected to the radio somehow...whether only for power or not, I don't know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all:

Thanks,

Tim
This just happened on my 2018 Altima. Search for solutions led me here. Based on the radio suggestion( didn’t work) I tried putting a nav location in( I set it to guide me home) once the nav started I cancelled the route... there was my compass!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts