Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At my 22,500 checkup, I told the SM about a suspected slow leak in my left rear tire. The TPMS was showing about 3 lbs lighter than the other tires. I explicitly told the SM that I did not want a new tire if he found a leak and told him that if indeed they did repair the tire, not to rotate it to the front.
After I got the car back (charged $17.95 for the mushroom plug) all seemed well until the next day. The TPMS was off for 1 tire again. I checked my cold pressure and this time the low tire was on the left front. All this after I specifically asked not to have the tire rotated to the front. Worried about a blowout and loss of steering if the plug goes (and it is failing).
Called the SM and asked him where they had rotated the tire to (of course I already knew) and he said let me check. After about 20 seconds on the computer he said "Oh, went on the left front".
Now I have to go back in and have it replugged or whatever. I'll ask to have this switched to the rear for safety's sake.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have a similar problem and having my tpms changed under warranty. I had a slow leak in my tire too.... it would drop 3-4lbs but not leak any further. After filling up the tire pressure to the correct amount matching all tires, a week later I'd have a 3-4lb lower pressure in that tire again. The dealer inspected the tire and found no leaks. Checked out the tpms and found that it was the cause of the leak... i don't remember exactly what it was... but it's being replaced. So we'll see what happens with the new tpms.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
No excuse for not doing what you told them to do.......or at least a consultation as to why not.

Perhaps a little known fact, but a rear blowout is far more difficult to control than a front blowout IMO. Seems counterintuitive I know, but that has been my experience.

Homer

·
Registered
470 Posts
I read recently that if you buy 2 new tires the new tires should go on the rear. The front tires wear faster on a FWD auto so the new tires you would think should go on the front.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
hfelknor said:
...a rear blowout is far more difficult to control than a front blowout....
Interesting. I did not know that. Is that on a FWD or RWD? I can see that happening if blowout happens on acceleration on RWD car, but hard to imagine on a FWD.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
HuskyFan said:
I read recently that if you buy 2 new tires the new tires should go on the rear. The front tires wear faster on a FWD auto so the new tires you would think should go on the front.
Less weight in the rear means in low traction conditions (rain, snow) you are more likely to lose traction on the rear than the front. This is why tire manufacturers have started to recommend if you are going to get just 2 tires, they should go on the rear. I was skeptical as well until I googled the topic. :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, considering the SM and his evil henchmen didn't get the 1st patch right, what hope do I have that they'll be successful the 2nd time around?
By the way, any price ranges on the Goodyears that are on the MO?I may need to bite the bullet and get a new tire if the 2nd patch goes south.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts