Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
That used to be true. These days there are NS2 compatible fluids from reliable suppliers, (with warranties) EX; Amsoil....
Yes, but if it's still under warranty (70K miles, remember...) DO NOT use them. You will void the transmission warranty.

Once it's out of warranty, use what you like.

·
Registered
181 Posts
This will be on my spring to do list. The QUICK change places here have generic CVT fluid - they claim NS2 compatible - at a $200 replace charge not flush.
The dealer is $300 again for replace not flush. I found out the dealer can determine approx service life through the diagnostic port. They can bring up the amount of starts and some other cycle
that the CVT has gone through. There is some range Nissan determines that the fluid is good for. The dealer has given me various answers over the years as to change intervals , 40 to 120 K.

Unfortunately we can't get the good deals on the NS2 non Nissan brand(castrol vavoline) here in Canada. $25+ per quart from Nissan.

·
Registered
725 Posts
This will be on my spring to do list. The QUICK change places here have generic CVT fluid - they claim NS2 compatible - at a $200 replace charge not flush.
The dealer is $300 again for replace not flush. I found out the dealer can determine approx service life through the diagnostic port. They can bring up the amount of starts and some other cycle
that the CVT has gone through. There is some range Nissan determines that the fluid is good for. The dealer has given me various answers over the years as to change intervals , 40 to 120 K.

Unfortunately we can't get the good deals on the NS2 non Nissan brand(castrol vavoline) here in Canada. $25+ per quart from Nissan.
So they don't only actually test the oil, just estimate based certain load parameters gleaned from data in OBD? My concern is that moving metal parts wear and it seems highly dubious that a lubricant can last a "lifetime" or even 100k

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
it seems highly dubious that a lubricant can last a "lifetime" or even 100k
Except that out here in the real world, Murano owners (like me) have done exactly that. Knock on wood, of course, but my 04SE that I bought new 12 years ago last Oct., is still running just fine at 119K miles on the original CVT fluid.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
10 Participants
nafddur
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing