Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call from dealership they will replace the computer after only driving the car for 8300 miles. I parked the car in the morning, went back after work started it, Service Engine Soon light came on, AWD came on and car would not go faster than 30 miles/hour and RPM racing.

Called Roadside assistance, by the time they got to me, the car was accelerating but engine light was still on and now after 3 days of diagnostics on the car, they ordered a new computer.

·
Registered
842 Posts
graykita said:
Just got a call from dealership they will replace the computer after only driving the car for 8300 miles. I parked the car in the morning, went back after work started it, Service Engine Soon light came on, AWD came on and car would not go faster than 30 miles/hour and RPM racing.

Called Roadside assistance, by the time they got to me, the car was accelerating but engine light was still on and now after 3 days of diagnostics on the car, they ordered a new computer.
Hopefully the new computer will not take to long to get to you. Our 92 grand caravan had a complete computer failure after only 6 months and thaey had to get one computer first to find out if the other three had failed.

It took 3 weeks to get it all back with 3 of the 4 computers being replaced. It is not the type of part that usually fails so they do not stock a lot of them. Be interested in knowing how long it takes to get you going again.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Hope you get the murano back soon...

Keep us posted on the diagnostic of your dealer on why the ECU fails. Is it just quality problem from the ecu suppliers? Or it was caused by something else?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, they towed it on Tuesday night, didn't get to it until wednesday late morning. They still are not sure what is going on and why it is giving them codes all over the place.

They said they should have the computer by tuesday and i should have my MO by Thursday. I have travel plans for the long weekend and really want my baby back :-(

Will keep you posted on the progress, thanks for the support.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

The computer was ordered and it arrived, it is the main computer for the car so they have to reprogram even my keys again. Anyway, i should have it end of day today or tomorrow morning.

WOO HOO can't wait to have my baby back :):D :D :D :D

·
4,601 Posts
I heard the new one's named HAL.

"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that...."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts