Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always used mounted windshield radar detectors, but now I'm thinking of getting a concealed radar detector? Does anyone have this installed on there muranos? If so, any suggested models?

Thanks.

NH

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Well not officially concelled but close... I mounted mine on my sun visor. You can't see if from the front nor the side unless you bend down. Take a look at my gallery. Quick installation.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
nhasan said:
I've always used mounted windshield radar detectors, but now I'm thinking of getting a concealed radar detector? Does anyone have this installed on there muranos? If so, any suggested models?

Thanks.

NH
The new speed guns don't use radar or lasers, It has a precision shutter speed on a camera. When you go by the vehicles have a movement blur as they move relative to background the shutter speed. The soft ware calculates the distance ( Twin Lenses ) and the width of the blur is measured and from that it calculates your speed. Does it all in about 850 milliseconds. So pray for dark Oh shucks they use a detector that works on the heat spots. A flash can be used for photo taking.

The mobile units also take into account the speed of the platform ( cops dash )

So it looks like technology give another market for a whole bunch of replacement across the countries police forces.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts