Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In about two months, I'l hit the 3,000 mile mark on my brand new 2006 Black Murano SL. I'll take it in to our local Nissan shop for the 3,000 mile oil change.

What about the next follow-up at 7,500 miles and so on. Do any of you follow Nissan maintenance schedule?:confused:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Paniolo-

I plan on following the complete maintenance schedule. However, I do not plan on having the dealer do any of the work. I will do the oil, filters, tires, inspections, etc.

-njjoe

·
42 Posts
If you do the work yourself, make sure you keep reciepts for oil and filter. May come in handy for warranty issues.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
mdave2 said:
If you do the work yourself, make sure you keep reciepts for oil and filter. May come in handy for warranty issues.
:29: That's the plan.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
A "normally" driven car will have maintenance requirements somewhere in between the Severe and Normal schedules provided by Nissan. That said, I change my oil (with Mobil One and Nissan oem filter) every 5000 or so miles. Nothing wrong with taking care of your baby with oil changes every 3000 miles though (thats how Toyotas last 300,000 miles).

Like njjoe, I do a lot of my own work, and the MO is pretty easy to work on.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I must say I am very happy how easy it is to get to the oil filter.

Here is a summarized view of the schedule for the MO:

SCHEDULE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts