Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you where snow occurs in the winter months here are a couple of observations I have made.

1) At the top of the back (hatch) door (the seam along the back roof where the door folds in when openned), snow always becomes trapped. After a snow fall openning the back door can be near impossible without causing damage to the top of the back door where it folds into the seem. As the door opens, the snow trapped within the seem jams the motion of the openning door. This becomes even more problematic when the snow partially melts and forms ice or becomes compacted from repeated door opennings. I've had to sneek my hand up into the seem from the inside of the vehicle while having the door slightly ajar to brake up all the ice before the door can be openned without busting top of the door. Is something available to cover the seem so that snow and ice cannot become jammed in?

2) This is not a huge deal, however, the front wipers cannot be lifted away from the windshield enough to clean ice and snow from the area. Leaving the fallen snow below the wipers will eventually cause an ice jam if not removed.

Just a couple of things I've noticed so far this winter. 1) is a major problem. Any solution?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I dunno about solutions but I have noticed both those issues. My wipers actually stopped working on the highway because snow was jammed underneath and they couldn't move all the way down. Was kind of scary to have to pull over on the side of the road in weather and remove the snow by hand so the wipers would work again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts