Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I am just curious if anyone else has noticed condensation (water drips) under there MO's even after the car has been sitting over night? If I go out during the day and park the car in the garage over night (~20 Hrs), I still see water dripping from my car as I pull out the next day. I would expect some condensation, but for it to still be there the next day seems strange to me. Is it just collecting somewhere underneath?

My concern is that in the winter if snow/salt collect where ever the condensation is collecting now, then RUST is going to be appearing pretty damn quick!

I've never seen this before and was curious if this is a problem that I need to be worried about, especially in the winter months to come.

TIA!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,368 Posts
Of bigger concern I have noticed is that the AC condensation drips onto the Murano's hot exhaust pipes. I first noticed this as a sizzling noise, and thought whats wrong with the car?! Turned out it was cold water dripping onto a hot exhaust midpipe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Eric,

So, was the cold water coming from the condensation then? Did you have the issue addressed? Should I have this issue addressed? Is it possible that the water is collecting somewhere or does the AC just keep condensating (even after a day of "resting")? Any other ppl notice this or have concerns like me or am I just making a problem that is not there????

I know it may be premature, but I still have a little less than 3 yrs on my warrantee and want to get EVERY LITTLE BUG addressed before it runs out.

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,077 Posts
Intersting, I've never noticed it draining that long... typically just a few hours but then again I never really looked the next day. I'll look at mine and see if does the same.

I'm surprised that it drains on the exhuast. I never heard any sizzling noises.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,368 Posts
Coness said:
Hi Eric,

So, was the cold water coming from the condensation then? Did you have the issue addressed? Should I have this issue addressed? Is it possible that the water is collecting somewhere or does the AC just keep condensating (even after a day of "resting")? Any other ppl notice this or have concerns like me or am I just making a problem that is not there????

I know it may be premature, but I still have a little less than 3 yrs on my warrantee and want to get EVERY LITTLE BUG addressed before it runs out.

Thanks!
I am going to guess that the AC condensate drain hole is partially clogged, thereby causing the water to drain slowly. Might be worth unclogging the drain hole.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Eric L. said:
Of bigger concern I have noticed is that the AC condensation drips onto the Murano's hot exhaust pipes. I first noticed this as a sizzling noise, and thought whats wrong with the car?! Turned out it was cold water dripping onto a hot exhaust midpipe.
I notice this also, but only when the car is parked on an incline. If it's level it drips onto the ground.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to go up a slight incline to get into my garage, but my garage is level/flat. Perhaps it collects somewhere when I drive up and then just collects there until I back out? If this is the case, then that is just plain poor design!!!!

In any event, do ya'll think that there is any long term damage? Again, I am concerned about RUST!!! Can snow / salt get in these vent holes and wreak havoc????
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,368 Posts
Coness said:
I have to go up a slight incline to get into my garage, but my garage is level/flat. Perhaps it collects somewhere when I drive up and then just collects there until I back out? If this is the case, then that is just plain poor design!!!!

In any event, do ya'll think that there is any long term damage? Again, I am concerned about RUST!!! Can snow / salt get in these vent holes and wreak havoc????
The drain hole and tube is pretty far up the engine bay. Its located behind and slightly above the power steering pump and difficult to access. I think its located that high to prevent road grime from getting up in there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
I park in an underground garage, and mine typically has roughly an 8 x 12 puddle under it well into the next morning if it was hot/humid the day/evening before, so I would't worry.:2:
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top