Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Connecticut Murano owners out there?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi dmako

Just wanted to say hi and try and keep things moving on this site.

I've had my MO about a month now. Had to go down to Richmond,
Virginia to get one with the color combination and options that I wanted.

So far, no problems. What about you?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Geno1!

Wow you got my color choice.

Hunted for awhile for a loaded pewter/latte. Only found one with black interior which we did not want. So we settled on silver. It was found in upper Mass.
We bought from De Cormier out of Manchester.

As far as issue just a little poping from driver's window, but only have 800 miles on her. But love it. Being tall it's the most comfortable vehicle I've ever been in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know, pewter with latte is almost non - exsistant in this area,
as well as the rest of the east coast. Thanks to the dealer inven-
tory search function on the NissanUSA site I was able to find it.
It surely took me a long time searching, but well worth the effort.

I couldn't believe that out of all the pewters that I checked on
in this area only charcoal and cabernet interiors were available!

Hope you have good luck with yours, and enjoy it as much as I
do mine. Really love the CVT.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I see a lot more Murano's on the Connecticut highways than just 3 so where is everyone else.

I love mine but I am having some proplems with it (already posted on this site) that I am hoping to get fixed.

Pewter was my second choice but I got my first option, Copper/Cabernet. I had to get the NAV system to get it though but I actually find I am using a lot more thatn I thought I would.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm from Marlborough (east of Hartford).

What type of problems are you having cenolar? Pehaps we can learn from each other and hit up our dealers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So far it hasn't happened in the past week but twice previously my car stalled and would not restart.

The first time it stalled after driving about 500 feet when I stopped at a stop light. I had to have it towed to Middletown Nissan becuase I was in Cromwell at the time.

The second time while I was driving it it started losing power and then when I pulled over, it stalled. This time I was in Huntington and they towed it to D'Dario.

Both times, when the technician looked at it, the problem had corrected itself and the car never stalled on them. They claimed to have checked it and could find nothing wrong.

This is not comforting to me who has to drive it everyday. I am hoping it was just a bad tank of gas or something like that because I really love the car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi guys.

I am seeing more and more Muranos every day in this area.
All colors.

I would say that the problem you are experiencing, Cenolar,
is particular to your vehicle alone at this point, judging from
the lack of a lot of posts concerning your particular problem.

As you say, it may be just a bad tank of gas, but more likely
it could be a finicky fuel pump.

Mine has 2200 miles on it and no problems to date.
(Knock on wood)

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree with the fuel pump as a possible cause of your stalling. It happened to me in a VW years ago.

Did you buy from Middletown Nissan? I almost did but they screwed me some what, so went to Manchester.

Havn't had her in for service yet only 900 miles, but am getting window ratting %^(.

You guys?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought mine at George Harte in West Haven. I have heard pretty good things about them and I can't disagree so far. I was visiting friends in Cromwell that is why it was towed to Middeltown.

I live in Huntington but I have heard nightmare stories about D'Daddario. After my exprerience with their service department I think I can agree that they are a sleazy dealership. They said they test drove it 3 times to see if there were any issues. Well when I brought it in my odometer said 3019 and when got it back it said 3020. I think they drove it in the shop, ran a few minor checks on the computer and drove it out. No test drive!

They even had the nerve to ask me why I didn't buy it there! Your price was about $1000 more I told them! Why I didn't bring it back to the place I bought it. It was towed in to the nearest dealership! I had no choice!

Middeltown at least tried to find the problem. They called me back and kept me informed of what they were doing. They registered a few miles on it. They didn't care where I bought it.

I am encouraged by the fact that my problem seems isolated to me. I was thinking to myself first year model, I'm going to have a lot of issues with it after the first time it stalled on me. It is still running good today so I am keeping my fingers crossed. But if I have another issue with it I will definitely tell the service man to check the fuel pump.

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm a new 2004 Murano owner (3 weeks) in CT.

I've seen several Muranos in my area (Farmington) over the past month or so...any of them you?

ctkevin

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
While I live in Marlborough, I travel to Canton once in awhile. Rt 4 to Brickyard road.

Ever plan on installing satellite?

·
Registered
117 Posts
i live in Hamden CT,
near New Havem, and commute down to Milford for work,
i have seen a few different MO out there.

i always have to stop and stare when i see one, and think "damn that looks good!"
i think i am starting to piss off people on the highway.

-Nerf

·
Registered
20 Posts
No, no plans on installing a satellite radio...I'm more of a CD-listening person...only when the occasion strikes me do I turn on the radio and it's usually to get a women's college basketball score or get a traffic update. Otherwise, I have my favorite CD's in.

ctkevin

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm in Colchester, I looked into installing Satellite but was told by the dealer that the retro kit for the wiring harness was never produced. So I purchesed an IPod with the DLO Transpod insted.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey right next door I'm in Marlborough!

You can add sat to our 2003 MOs by adding a sat pre-wire kit. About $80 at Grubbs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks, I've benn looking at the installation procedures and looks like a worm weather project. My wife already has the XM service and adding a second reciver is only about $7.00 more. Have you had any dealings with Middlertown Nissan? My Mo is in for warranty service now and I've heard mixed reviews about them.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Warm weather project yes, perhaps we do a dual install.

Middletown Nissan go there all the time. Average. They have been working on my rattles and window creaks for a year now. Got some fix I guess. They do try I give them that, but not any real progress.

The service manager when you can talk to him is very good, techs, average.

Better than DeCormia (spelling?) where I bought, then told me to turn up the radio.

Black-CT-Murano said:
Thanks, I've benn looking at the installation procedures and looks like a worm weather project. My wife already has the XM service and adding a second reciver is only about $7.00 more. Have you had any dealings with Middlertown Nissan? My Mo is in for warranty service now and I've heard mixed reviews about them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts