Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help - Connecting an MP3 to AAI-NIS

Help!!!

I'm leaving on a trip in 2 days and need some info re purchasing an MP3 player. I bought an iRiver FM/MP3 player for airline travel/health club/Murano-connect purposes. If it doesn't hook up to the MO conveniently I'll return it before I leave and get an iPod. Here are the questions.

1) Can I connect the iRiver MP3 to the Bose stereo with the PAC AAI-NIS by running a couple of RCA jacks from the headphone jack to the PAC AAI-NIS?

2) Where will I control the volume (wheel, dash, MP3)?

3) Is there a better way to connect an aux component to the Bose stereo?

Thanks

JeffC

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Yes you can use the PAC unit to install two auxiliary inputs throught the SAT connection on the back of the BOSE head unit. This is probably the easiest way to connect an MP3 player directly to your BOSE system. Only drawback is that you need to still look at your MP3 player to see song information. Your Murano's display will just say SAT Ch 1 or something similar to that.

For the iRiver, it only takes one cord, connected to the headphone jack.

You can control the volume using either the Iriver or the head unit controls (steering wheel or knob). Since iriver does not make car adapters (well for my iHP120 anyways) I set the volume of the iRiver at around 20, and the BOSE to about 25.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eric,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I think I'll return the iFP-899 and pick up an iRiver H10 tomorrow. It looks like a good deal. For $279 you get 5gig and FM. I'd go with an iPod, but I can't find one with FM radio.

I don't need to have all of the functions of an integrated iPod since I will frequently take the unit out of the MO to walk, travel, work out, charge it, etc. When I use it in the MO I'll just put it on random play and let it go, no need to see titles.

JeffC

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eric,

Since you apparently have this setup, I should ask one more obvious question. How does it sound????? Does connecting thru the headphone jack create any distortion? More than an iPod pre-out connection?

Thanks again.

JeffC

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
JeffC said:
Eric,

Since you apparently have this setup, I should ask one more obvious question. How does it sound????? Does connecting thru the headphone jack create any distortion? More than an iPod pre-out connection?

Thanks again.

JeffC
Since there is no other way to connect the iRiver, the quality is about the same as if you were listening to headphones. I do not detect any distortion. This is probably the best quality you can get hooking up an MP3 player to the headunit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts