Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out what the connector on the back of the SAT tuner can be used for. I was hoping it would be 16 pins like the A/V connector in the FX and it could be used as an Aux in by hitting the SAT button twice like the iPod threads over at Fresh Alloy. Anyone have the pinout for the connector?

·
4,664 Posts
The picture below is an XM receiver. Mine, in fact. The orange box is around a couple of relays that I strongly suspect are for switching audio from that extra connector. (Which is right next to them.)

I have yet to look at what's going on with it, as I haven't even had time for emulation of the sat work, never mind looking at this. However, my guess is it's to allow another device to be connected, be it a Disc changer or another SAT (Why not XM and Siruis??)

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I am going to go back with a Multimeter sometime and see if it has a +12 always hot, and a +12 ACC. If so, I hope that this has all of the pins that the FX DVD connector has (both have 16, even though the SAT's is laid out differently). If they function the same, then we could add an AUX type connection just by shorting two pins. Input would have to be balanced, or a converter would be needed. To access this you could just hit SAT twice.

·
4,664 Posts
Here's a close up of the area with the connector on top...

Not the best photography, but it's just one of a bunch of pictures I hastily grabbed before trying the receiver (a year ago, now!)

Attachments

·
4,664 Posts
And if you don't believe the relays switch the audio (and I can't believe this is the first time I've looked at this closely) have a look at this picture where you can see the traces going from the connector to the relays. A pair for left and a pair for right!

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Updates on Sat Connectors

Well I took a multimeter to the connectors on the back of the SAT and have some results. First here is the pinout for the FX's rear DVD connector:

16 14 12 10 08 06 04 02

15 13 11 09 07 05 03 01

Pins 1 and 2 are L+ and L-, pins 3 and 4 are R+ and R-, Pin 8 is a ground, pin 15 is +12 ACC, pin 16 is +12, and pins 9 and 11 get shorted together to make it work. I do not know what 9 and 11 are, nor what the rest of the pins are.

Here is what I found with the Murano:

16 14 12 10 00 00 06 04 02

15 13 11 09 08 07 05 03 01

Pin 16 is +12 ACC, pin 14 is +12, pins 6, 7 and 15 are grounds. I tried to short pins 9 and 11, and pins 8 and 9, and it did not allow pressing the button twice to switch to the connector. It would be nice to know if either pins 9 or 11 on the FX are a ground, and shorting the other to ground allows the connection to happen. Anyone have the FX manual that has the full pinout for the connector in the FX?

·
4,664 Posts
I haven't looked in detail, but this might be useful...

Attachments

·
4,664 Posts
Oh and this might help too...

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So theoretically, if the Sat Receiver has a Sig ON IN and a SIG ON OUT, this could work. Now the problem is figuring out if it does, and not frying the receiver in the process of figuring it out.

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah... If you want to try connecting pins, do it with a resistor, perhaps something in the 100 to 500 Ohms range, so that there's some current limiting and not a dead short.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts