Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 2003 350Z that i'm trying to sell, once that goes, I am looking into buying a MO. My wife is pregnant and the Z is not going to be a good car for us anymore, but the MO looks and drives like a great car. I want to know if there are any particular problems i might need to know before so that i can look into it before i buy. I am looking at buying a used one, How many miles are too many... there are some in the low $17's but with 75-100Kmiles, is that too much??? ADVICE needed...thanks

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
If you can swing it, I would recommend buying/leasing a later model with lower mileage.

Each year Nissan has improved upon the previous year's MO. The body structure has less squeaks and rattles, the rocking driver's seat was redesigned, etc. The 2004 model is better than the 2003; the 2005 better than the 2004; etc.

The longevity of the CVT and transfer case is still a question mark. Since the oldest MOs are only three and a half years old there is not enough history to say for sure just how long those assemblies will last. The engine is basically bullet-proof, however the CVT is the big unknown. It, too, may prove to be bullet-proof, it is just too early to say for sure.

If you lived in Maryland I know of a 2003 MO that is in great shape that was just traded in last night!

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
isaac'smo

We can only report what we have experienced. I have my MO since Dec 27,2003. I have had very few problems. I had one tire issue that has been resolved with some persistence. All in all I have been very happy with the purchase and the ride and comfort. The cargo space is adequate but not overwhelming. The gas mileage is decent for a vechile of this size. Overall, I say most of the owners on this forum are happy with their ride.
I hope that helped. I would zero in on one with less miles than you have mentioned. As mentioned in the previous post, we are pioneers and somewhat adventuresome as the CVT was a new concept when we purchased our cars. For most, so far, so good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just bought my 03 MO last week. I would recommend looking for a lower mileage over a higher mileage one. In the long run, it just wouldn't be very practical as no matter which vehicle you own, the more costly maintenance starts coming up around that mileage.

Look for one with less options rather one w/ more miles. I just bought my 03 SE w/ everything except Nav w/ 30k miles for $22k. You can find them cheaper, just need to be patient and look.

I switched for the same reason, I have a newborn baby girl now.

·
Registered
191 Posts
In Canada, you can pick up a Mo w/ 100K (about 65,000 miles) on it for about $24 (SW, AWD & Sunroof).

My suggestion would be to search for a lower mileage one to ensure that you can take full advantage of the warranty. 2003 was the first year of Mo and there were some QC issues that are easily rectified (see the TSB for specifics) you have a warranty...

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Personally I would not go older than 05

:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vrrooom : I am expecting a baby girl, due dec 4th... I'm excited...

I will continue looking for a MO. I can't do anything now until i sell my 350Z... I haven't had much luck here in Tulsa, and I listed it on EBAY but It didn't sell. I'll probably try Autotrader in a week or so. Thanks for the replies.

I look autotrader and cars.com everyday to see what new MO's are around.

Great forums, once i have a MO i'll be more active in here.... THANKS AGAIN

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
isaac'smo said:
Vrrooom : I am expecting a baby girl, due dec 4th... I'm excited...

I will continue looking for a MO. I can't do anything now until i sell my 350Z... I haven't had much luck here in Tulsa, and I listed it on EBAY but It didn't sell. I'll probably try Autotrader in a week or so. Thanks for the replies.

I look autotrader and cars.com everyday to see what new MO's are around.

Great forums, once i have a MO i'll be more active in here.... THANKS AGAIN
Craigslist is another good resource for selling a car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Eric L. said:

Craigslist is another good resource for selling a car.
I will give that a shot... wouldn't hurt... I just don't know here in the Tulsa area how much people really look at that website

THANKS ... :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts