Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work this morning I saw two other MOs (white and gold) on the freeway traveling in the same direction as I was. :10:

Most cars, including the three of us had their headlights on. Mine was set on Auto. As I was watching the other MOs, I noticed the lights went off on one of them. Less than 3 seconds later the headlights went off on the other MO, and almost immediately lights on my car turned off as well. They must have also had their lights on Auto. It was very interesting to actually see how close and consistent the light sensitivity settings on these three MOs were. :18:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Interesting....I like that in the 04s you can change the sensativity. I want that feature...would I use it? Probably not, but I love having every toy!

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Unfortunately on 2003 models, its only adjustable with Consult II. Grrrrr.....

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Snow MO said:
Interesting....I like that in the 04s you can change the sensativity. I want that feature...would I use it? Probably not, but I love having every toy!
That is also true with me. I just like to have toys regardless of whether or not I use them. For instance, this is really a useless feature. I have the lights set at their lowest sensitivity and they are still too sensitive. So other settings are never going to be used, but I am still happy because it is there!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
You could place a small circle of dark plastic cut to fit exactly over the sensor to move the sensitivity to the center of the adjustment range and then use the adjustment to trim out to your preference. GRIP :D

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GripperDon said:
You could place a small circle of dark plastic cut to fit exactly over the sensor to move the sensitivity to the center of the adjustment range and then use the adjustment to trim out to your preference. GRIP :D
That is an excellent idea. Which one is the light sensor, the one on the right or on the left?

·
5,100 Posts
Unfortunately I don't know but you could either cover up one and then the other to find out or I bet it's in the service manual. GRIP :D

·
5,100 Posts
Manual says "LH is optical sensor, RH is SUN LOAD SENSOR" GRIP :D

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
It seems to me............

I have a garage.
I don't use the auto feature because it seems to me that my lights turn on every time I go in the garage during the day time. Along with all the other times they may come on, adjustment or not.
And it seems to me that even if they were adjustable, the ambient light in thegarage is about where you woiuld adjust them on anyway.

Now, isn't it true that slamming off and on is what makes HID lights fail, not the fact that they have many hours of steady use?

Homer

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Grip for looking up the sensor locations.

hfelknor said:
It seems to me............

I have a garage.
I don't use the auto feature because it seems to me that my lights turn on every time I go in the garage during the day time. Along with all the other times they may come on, adjustment or not.
And it seems to me that even if they were adjustable, the ambient light in thegarage is about where you woiuld adjust them on anyway.

Now, isn't it true that slamming off and on is what makes HID lights fail, not the fact that they have many hours of steady use?

Homer
I have non HID so it does not bother me but you are right. I have also heard that what kills HIDs is the constant on/off of the lifgts. It would have been nice if they had built a timer, let's say 30 seconds worth into the automatic feature to allow for the time entering or exiting a garage, driving under a bridge, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts