Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the thread about the console tray for the 2017. Would love to have one, preferably under $20. The console is too deep not to have one. I tried the part number and link from the other thread, and the site says the part doesn't fit my 2020, yet it does list the 2019 as fitting... Is it just not updated?
I don't see any thing on eBay or Amazon that looks like it will fit.

Here is the link to the other thread I referenced. Centre console tray for 2017 Murano Plantinum

·
Super Moderator
1,435 Posts
When you open the center console, is there three square indents at the top on each side of the console opening?

If there is, the tray will fit and work without an issue. The indents are to keep the tray from sliding and lets you set it in the position you want.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I think either one will work. I just can't believe how much Nissan wants for it. I'd kind of like a one compartment tray, but will probably go with whatever is cheapest. I would store more in there if I had a tray and didn't have to dig to get to the bottom!

·
Super Moderator
1,435 Posts
The OEM square felt lined tray from 2015 will fit. I'm sure if you shop around, you'll find it less the $25. I believe that's about what I paid for mine.

The tray that 2young2retire shows from Amazon has a review with photos installed on a 2019 Murano. 13 bucks ain't a bad price either, though I personally don't like the slippery surface. I would rather have a felt surface to keep things from sliding around, which would drive me nuts.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Murano SL w/sunroof, pearl white w/graphite interior
4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I read the thread about the console tray for the 2017. Would love to have one, preferably under $20. The console is too deep not to have one. I tried the part number and link from the other thread, and the site says the part doesn't fit my 2020, yet it does list the 2019 as fitting... Is it just not updated?
I don't see any thing on eBay or Amazon that looks like it will fit.

Here is the link to the other thread I referenced. Centre console tray for 2017 Murano Plantinum

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I bought the felt lined OEM tray from Ebay for $15. Fits into the slots and works perfectly. I also bought an OEM Ford Explorer tray off Ebay for about the same price.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I bought this one and I like it but for days I couldn’t figure out what the short high pitched squeak I would hear every time I pulled off was…finally figured out it was this tray sliding a tiny bit causing the sound. Not a huge deal or anything but it was driving me crazy thinking something was wrong 😂

·
Registered
748 Posts
I bought this one and I like it but for days I couldn’t figure out what the short high pitched squeak I would hear every time I pulled off was…finally figured out it was this tray sliding a tiny bit causing the sound. Not a huge deal or anything but it was driving me crazy thinking something was wrong 😂
A simple solution might be to cut six tiny, thin strips of soft-side Velcro and stick them within the sliding channel on all four corners and one in the middle on each side. The thickness of those strips shouldn't affect the height of the tray enough to interfere with the console lid closing, and they should eliminate any harsh friction that might create sound. Now if the entire tray itself is flexing and creaking, there's probably not much you can do about that.

I was thinking about ordering one for my 2021 just to see if I like it better than my current setup. But I kind of like my current bin arrangement which protects the contents inside from dust and pollen, etc.

·
Registered
190 Posts
A simple solution might be to cut six tiny, thin strips of soft-side Velcro and stick them within the sliding channel on all four corners and one in the middle on each side. The thickness of those strips shouldn't affect the height of the tray enough to interfere with the console lid closing, and they should eliminate any harsh friction that might create sound. Now if the entire tray itself is flexing and creaking, there's probably not much you can do about that.

I was thinking about ordering one for my 2021 just to see if I like it better than my current setup. But I kind of like my current bin arrangement which protects the contents inside from dust and pollen, etc.
Yeah it’s not flexing or anything. Just a tiny slide happening. If it ever bugs me enough I will try the Velcro but it’s honestly not that loud. I’m the only person that noticed it but I tend to hear the smallest possible noise that absolutely no one else seems to notice

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah it’s not flexing or anything. Just a tiny slide happening. If it ever bugs me enough I will try the Velcro but it’s honestly not that loud. I’m the only person that noticed it but I tend to hear the smallest possible noise that absolutely no one else seems to notice
You could also try Dr Scholl's Moleskin. It is adhesive and thinner than velcro

1 - 18 of 18 Posts