Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contest!

O.K. I still have 5 months left on my Acura lease, (can't wait to own a MO!)

Let's see who paid the LEAST for their MO! Since I'm interested in SL AWD Touring, anyone who bought one list their final price below. Include sales tax and all extras. This way I'll know what to expect and aim for in my negotiations. (Car salesmen everywhere are collectively groaning!)

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Are you sure you really want the lowest price version you can get? There are some seriously good things you're missing out on if you just want the base model, and its not necessarily a matter of "well, I'll add it later." You may wish to ask how many people are kicking themselves for not getting some of the extras they now terribly wish they had. My sticker was 39.9 but I paid 37.7 +6% tax.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Docat...i paid $27,050 for my sl awd base

Plus tax and registration and delivery, total is $28,8xx
I never regret it getting the based, personally.
IMHO, if i ewant to pay $35K+, i will get the lexus rx. It is a lexus.

You can:
- get the xenon/hid retrofitted, like me and jack do.
Search in the forum. Cost: $450
- get after market leather, from www.katzkins.com, around $1000 installed. I dont like leather, that is why i dont get the touring package.
- get after market gps. In my case i am using ipaq gps.
I already have it from my other car long before i buy themurano. So it makes much more sense. You can get after market gps unit like garmin or magellan Or build yourself a carputer (www.mp3car.com) like what i am planning to do now...
- rear back up sensor, got aftermarket. Very easy to install

·
The Member
104 Posts
Price paid

PA i think you didn't read his msg completely, he mentioned SL AWD Touring.
About the price, I'm the person who makes his decisions very quickly and spending days or weeks on trying to get lower price out of the dealer is not an option for me. So i just went to the dealer and got what i could on the spot. That was '04 SL AWD Touring with all the accessories included. I got it for the invoice price, which was 32k + 8.65 tax of course :eek:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Date of purchase: 08/12/04
Place of purchase: Santa Clara, CA
Price: $33320 + 8.25% Tax
You can see the options in my signature. The only things I bought were: Crossbars ($120) and Rear bumper protector ($29).

·
The Member
104 Posts
Price

DrMurano, not a bad price for the package ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
seems like a good price

although 8.5% sales tax!? Ouch!

The new 2005 Murano seems to have the Nav system packaged with a rearview camera, making it more expensive.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry, posted this as new thread when it was meant to be a response to Dr. Murano in the "contest" thread below.

·
5,268 Posts
No problem - I have merged the threads.......;)

·
38 Posts
got an amazing deal, thanks to a little "professioal" help.

Here's an Interesting lesson I learned from utilizing my career in my MO purchase....

I'm a cognitive psychologist by profession, and interestingly enough, I had a great deal of fun reading up about the mind games that car salespeople like to use as I was preparing for my MO purchase . So when going to the dealership, having studied up on these "tricks" they play, I decided I was going to play some tricks too. I ended up being there for 6 hours haggling my MO price, by combatting everything they said and turning it around to contradict them. They got so sick of me doing so, that they just asked me what I would be willing to pay. I said a significantly lower price than they were willing to give me but I continued to use my own games on them! I ended up walking out there with a MO priced at 37 and change for 28,590! including a Nissan extended gold plus 100,000 mile warranty. (I also ended up gaining a client that works at the dealership- go figure!)

It really pays to go in there with a confident head on your shoulders... remember they have just as much to gain as you do!
In the case of buying a car, Knowledge is definately powerful!

Jackie:2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Justed bought my '04 AWD SL Touring w/ dynamic control pkg, nav, roof crossbars, cargo area protector, and floor mats. Out the door after rebate, tax (8.8%), licensing, etc. for 36,800. I wasn't planning on buying a few of the extras (nav, dynamic control) but ended up with the color I wanted and the monthly payment difference was negligible.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Re: got an amazing deal, thanks to a little "professioal" help.

jes6431 said:
...I'm a cognitive psychologist by profession, ...I decided I was going to play some tricks too. I ended up being there for 6 hours haggling my MO price...I also ended up gaining a client that works at the dealership- go figure!
Good for you! That just goes to show that they can sell for much less than they say they can if there is enough pressure on them I wish we could all do that. I just feel sorry for the salesperson having to go through that for 6 hours, and the new client, is he by any chance the same salesperson who went crazy after all that time???? :p

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
rusty said:
Justed bought my '04 AWD SL Touring w/ dynamic control pkg, nav, roof crossbars, cargo area protector, and floor mats. Out the door after rebate, tax (8.8%), licensing, etc. for 36,800. I wasn't planning on buying a few of the extras (nav, dynamic control) but ended up with the color I wanted and the monthly payment difference was negligible.
Welcome! You would have regreted not getting Navigation or VDC. I wish I had them too.

·
4,664 Posts
I would have wished you a good day and if you didn't leave would have suggested some good reading... The sales person's an idiot for caving in. They're not in business to lose money and that's certainly what they did.

Excellent deal! Very Good Work!:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts