Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you find them overall? I had Micheline before and I think they were a lot softer compared to Conti, especially on small cracks and sharp edgy potholes our roads are full of.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I find mine quite comfortable and not noisy on bumps, cracks, pot holes etc. but they emit a bit of tread noise especially below highway speeds. This is my main issue with them. I've had better and I had worse. The traction is fine for normal driving, much better than the Eagle LS I had on my 2014! Not a sporty tire by any means despite their name but O.K.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
How do you find them overall? I had Micheline before and I think they were a lot softer compared to Conti, especially on small cracks and sharp edgy potholes our roads are full of.

Even though I tend to dislike Continental tires, they have to be better than the Bridgestone Duelers that came on my 2018 Platinum. I will replace them with Michelin when the time comes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My only experience with Continentals was on my 07 Maxima. The wore out in under 2 years. They were fairly noisy, toward the end. For the first year, they were great. I would never consider them as an aftermarket purchase after that experience. 1 year of good performance just doesn't cut it, for me.

I'm coming up on year 3 with the Pirelli Scorpion Verde AS+ and they are still great. Still have half tread depth left, as well after 20K miles.

·
Registered
544 Posts
They're junk. I limped them to around 30k and swapped for Michelin Premier LTX. Night and day difference in ride quality, noise, grip in the wet.

·
Registered
203 Posts
They're junk. I limped them to around 30k and swapped for Michelin Premier LTX. Night and day difference in ride quality, noise, grip in the wet.
I was thinking of swapping out my Toyo OEM tires for the Premier LTX's. The Toyos have 34k miles on them and look to have at least another 20k before wearing out. However, they've started to get noisy and harsh over bumps.

·
Registered
217 Posts
My 05 Altima came with Continentals from the factory. Man they sucked. In the rain, it was like driving on cold plastic tires. Very slick and lost traction easily. The non-factory Continentals it has now are much nicer, but nothing special.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Have had the Michelin Premier LTX’s for a year now and are probably the best tire I have ever used.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I was thinking of swapping out my Toyo OEM tires for the Premier LTX's. The Toyos have 34k miles on them and look to have at least another 20k before wearing out. However, they've started to get noisy and harsh over bumps.
I don't have any experience w/ the Toyos but if they ride and sound like the Continentals did, you will be happy riding on the Michelins.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a nail on the sidewall of my rear passenger side. Said they couldn't patch it up.

So not a good first impression of Continental for me. I'm use to using General Grabber ATX and Cooper Discoverer RTX tires which both has nice rugged threads and they last a long time

So Michelin LTX are the way to go? I want a rugged tire

·
Registered
895 Posts
What size did you get? I'm thinking the Murano needs a wider tire. I'm thinking about going to 255/50 R20 for my next set.
Yes 255/50/20 is the way to go. Did it on my 09 and now on my 14. You won’t be disappointed

·
Super Moderator
419 Posts
I have a nail on the sidewall of my rear passenger side. Said they couldn't patch it up.

So not a good first impression of Continental for me
. I'm use to using General Grabber ATX and Cooper Discoverer RTX tires which both has nice rugged threads and they last a long time

So Michelin LTX are the way to go? I want a rugged tire

You do realize that most if not all places will not patch/fix a tire with a puncture in the sidewall

I hope because of that, your first impression of the Continental's is not the reason for the negative impression.

I don't like them only because they wore out so fast, the first year was great, 2nd year not too bad, 3rd year they were no good in the rain or snow, and not so grippy in the summer, and I have less than 25 thousand kilometers on them, I will now get a set of dedicated winter tires, and a new set of summer tires and rims.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
You do realize that most if not all places will not patch/fix a tire with a puncture in the sidewall

I hope because of that, your first impression of the Continental's is not the reason for the negative impression.

I don't like them only because they wore out so fast, the first year was great, 2nd year not too bad, 3rd year they were no good in the rain or snow, and not so grippy in the summer, and I have less than 25 thousand kilometers on them, I will now get a set of dedicated winter tires, and a new set of summer tires and rims.....

Yes I do know about the side wall not to be patched. But my other tires were rated at 40k-50k although not as grippy as these Continental

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
Nam Vu
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing