Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to adjust the conv. top? It goes up but doesn’t lock down and the back hits the rubber trim and also doesn’t lock down. Doesn’t seem to fit correctly and can’t get our local dealership to work on it. Mechanic just says Nissan is a piece of **** , go get a real car. I love this car and have always wanted one. Is it that hard to adjust? It goes up and down just has a fitting issue. 2017 year model. Please help me. I can open it and see the joints moving but when it gets to the end, all hell breaks loose and it shifts to one side or the other! mechanic said he’d look into it and make some calls but would probably sit there a few months. I would rather fix it myself than let him near it. Please help me. Mick

·
Administrator
9,583 Posts
Is it possible to adjust the conv. top? It goes up but doesn’t lock down and the back hits the rubber trim and also doesn’t lock down. Doesn’t seem to fit correctly and can’t get our local dealership to work on it. Mechanic just says Nissan is a piece of **** , go get a real car. I love this car and have always wanted one. Is it that hard to adjust? It goes up and down just has a fitting issue. 2017 year model. Please help me. I can open it and see the joints moving but when it gets to the end, all hell breaks loose and it shifts to one side or the other! mechanic said he’d look into it and make some calls but would probably sit there a few months. I would rather fix it myself than let him near it. Please help me. Mick
First, have you read the other posts in the CrossCabrio thread? Please do so.

Second, I moved your post to that thread where it belongs.

Third, based on reports about the Cross Cabrio model, Nissan has never supported the dealers well when it comes to that model and service support is minimal; in fact, Nissan has just about abandoned the model. You may do well to take a large cup of coffee, study it at length and see if you can find anything that looks different from side to side, or any visually evident problem causing the shift. It sounds like something is binding on the side opposite to the shift.

EDIT: bottom line, you're pretty much on your own. You may do better to work with an independent upholstery or convertible top shop to solve any problems. Nissan dealers will either throw up their hands or replace the whole assembly, which I think is about $10K.

Reactions: MuranoSL2003
1 - 2 of 2 Posts