Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I get into the trunk to correct the tray? Is there a way to reset the top electronically or reset the trunk electronically so it might now work to allow me in? Ive heard of disconnecting the battery cables and touching them together for 2 minutes to reset the top. Any ideas would be appreciated! JDC Tutuapp 9Apps ShowBox

·
Registered
1 Posts
Many thanks for the comments and corrective action.
My wife's '14 battery started to discharge and not hold a charge. Following the owners manual, all listed checks were marked off. Battery and alternator voltage checked. Battery needed replaced but same issue remained, trunk wouldn't open and top wouldn't operate in either direction.
After reading this post, found the key hole in the trunk, key was inserted incorrectly at first, but once reversed.... the sky opened and the seas parted. Latched the divider, started the car, held the open switch (5 seconds or so), everything working as it should.
I assume once the battery voltage drops, reset isn't automatic.
I believe in the K. I. S. S. theory but didn't find that little key hole.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2011 Murano CrossCabriolet roof not functioning and trunk not opening - Fixed with a $2 vise-grip.
The battery died in my wife's Murano CC a couple weeks ago. We jump started it and then changed out the battery. The roof would not operate (stuck in closed position) and trunk would not open. She took it to a local Nissan dealer who diagnosed the issue as a bad roof controller, a $9,000 part (plus labor) to replace. I spoke with the service manager and he told me he had his master mechanic hook their computer up to the car in order operate the roof and trunk and both failed. I told him I read a few threads on NissanMurano.org which spoke about various fixes. He said he doubted any would work especially after they had the car for five days trying various options, in addition to his MASTER mechanic looking over the car.

I had my wife pick up the car that evening without agreeing to having anything fixed. An hour after she arrived home I inserted the key into the trunk lock and tried turning it, it wouldn't budge. I read in a few threads above where you needed to exert some force. I grabbed a set of $2 vise-grips and attached them to the top of the key (plastic part) to give additional torque. Turning the key back and force slowly did the trick, the trunk opened.

The bar was off, which we put back in place. Then started the car and both the roof and trunk opened as normal.

The $9,000 savings fix... apply pressure to the key in order to open the trunk. Now wouldn't you think the Nissan dealer would have tried this? NINE THOUSAND dollars, incredible rip-off by an actual Nissan dealer.
Thanks for the info. It worked like a charm. Trunk open after wiggling back and forth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2011 Nissan Murano CrossCab ... Broken Top - Won't close completely

My wife's 2011 Murano CrossCab top will close and latch, but the flaps in the back will not go down. So the indicator stays on and when you drive it beeps. When this happens and you try again ... it keeps the top from even opening. Of course the trunk won't pop open either. The windows won't go up. Took it to Larry H Miller Nissan in Denver and paid the mechanic $150 to tell me the motors need to be replaced at the tune of $1800!!! The car has 68K miles on it and the top is only down half the year. Try driving with it solid beep going off.
The same thing is happening to mine. The flaps won’t go back when the mechanism lid closes. My truck still operates normally, and I can complete a full close but when trying to open the soft top, it almost a closes but of course you get the indicator light and the constant ringing noise from the car when moving. I don’t know how to fix it . I know the power soft top is controlled by a unit and a hydraulic motor with various sensors and 5 attachments crucial to the truck storage area. I’m hoping that someone knows how to access the device and get its logs and readouts as they will most likely tell you where the problem is. And it’s most likely something that’s easily replaced or reset. Not a 5000$ main part. Anybody know how to help us with Murano CrossCabriolet Power soft tops?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Convertible error code on dash; convertible & trunk in-op

Followed suggestions here for my 2014 Crossover Murano and it worked! I had my husband check out my car and replaced the battery. He was stumped and would have taken my “Kiddo” to the dealership. Finding this site has helped me. Hoping I can help another lamen like myself. This is what I did:
1.) Unlocked the truck (check to the right of the manual trunk release; small circular key hole is there)
2.) secured the catch-shelf for the top
3.) started the engine and held down the closed top for approximately 3 seconds; opened the top (I did get scared when only the windows rolled down & wouldn’t roll back up) but held down closed again for 3 seconds; opened the top and it worked.
4.) reset windows at this time too.
Happy, happy camper.
Thank you so much! :29:
Pdrogrl
Work flawlessly thanks for the info, this cross cabriolet is high maintenance

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve this happen to me twice. The key never worked to open the trunk. We tried wiggling it, forcing it, WD40. Nothing worked. So we tried something else. If you’re thinking that removing the back bench seat and back in order to access the trunk , don’t do it. It only reveals a solid metal panel with no access to the trunk mechanism. What a waste of time! We were ready to give up and probably spend thousands of dollars when I read one of the replies here. Someone said she had read somewhere to hold the “open” or “close” button for longer than usual. Normally I hold it down and can hear the mechanism working within 2-3 seconds. But to fix the issue just hold it for longer and it will start up again. And sure enough that’s all i needed to do! Tried it several times and it worked fine. After reading all these replies and people’s needless trips to the rip-off dealers when all you need to do is hold the button longer rather than releasing the button after your normal amount of time. Wow! I hope it works for you too. And in the future I just need to make sure the shelf in the trunk is fully engaged to the sensor switch which is in the left side shelf bracket. And another issue I’ve had several times is having my front windows open slightly when I close the door. So I’d get in and raise window all the way and then exit and close the door and once again the window opens an inch or so. I found out all you need to do is raise it, lower it, then raise it again and keep your finger on the window switch for 10 seconds once it’s closed. Voila. I can imagine a dealer making money by telling you they needed to take something apart or buy a new switch. But holding it is all you need to do. I love my car and it’s been a great car (100,000 miles) but these problems have been very frustrating. Thank you for this forum. And good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Key worked to get trunk open

Thanks all for the insights & for saving me a trip to the dealer! Mine did this same scenario yesterday. Not sure what caused it because my battery is fine and roof was fully closed. I use the car every day and the roof has not been open for over a month. The alarm was going off & my golf shoes were stuck in the trunk!

I tried the key first and could not get it to budge but then after reading all of your post today I tried again. The key actually seems to fit in either way but only actually fully goes in one way. The plastic grip portion needs to be in the back/trunk side of the lock so the key goes in more & the lock opens right up. The other way sure looks & feels like the key is fully inserted.

I put the roof support tray back in place opened the roof and no more alarm. Next I tried closing the roof and it just made an electronic clicking sound which didn't make me happy. The windows would not go up and the trunk again would not open. But then I remembered someone mentioned just continuing to hold the button down longer than normal. I did and the roof finally engaged and closed. Seems okay now - no alarm once I crossed the 3 mph threshold that triggers the partial open alarm. Hopefully this isn't a sign that the control board is starting to go on it. Like others I've had no maintenance expenses except normal oil change etc. 2013 model.
2011 Murano CrossCabriolet roof not functioning and trunk not opening - Fixed with a $2 vise-grip.
The battery died in my wife's Murano CC a couple weeks ago. We jump started it and then changed out the battery. The roof would not operate (stuck in closed position) and trunk would not open. She took it to a local Nissan dealer who diagnosed the issue as a bad roof controller, a $9,000 part (plus labor) to replace. I spoke with the service manager and he told me he had his master mechanic hook their computer up to the car in order operate the roof and trunk and both failed. I told him I read a few threads on NissanMurano.org which spoke about various fixes. He said he doubted any would work especially after they had the car for five days trying various options, in addition to his MASTER mechanic looking over the car.

I had my wife pick up the car that evening without agreeing to having anything fixed. An hour after she arrived home I inserted the key into the trunk lock and tried turning it, it wouldn't budge. I read in a few threads above where you needed to exert some force. I grabbed a set of $2 vise-grips and attached them to the top of the key (plastic part) to give additional torque. Turning the key back and force slowly did the trick, the trunk opened.

The bar was off, which we put back in place. Then started the car and both the roof and trunk opened as normal.

The $9,000 savings fix... apply pressure to the key in order to open the trunk. Now wouldn't you think the Nissan dealer would have tried this? NINE THOUSAND dollars, incredible rip-off by an actual Nissan dealer.
Key worked to get trunk open

Thanks all for the insights & for saving me a trip to the dealer! Mine did this same scenario yesterday. Not sure what caused it because my battery is fine and roof was fully closed. I use the car every day and the roof has not been open for over a month. The alarm was going off & my golf shoes were stuck in the trunk!

I tried the key first and could not get it to budge but then after reading all of your post today I tried again. The key actually seems to fit in either way but only actually fully goes in one way. The plastic grip portion needs to be in the back/trunk side of the lock so the key goes in more & the lock opens right up. The other way sure looks & feels like the key is fully inserted.

I put the roof support tray back in place opened the roof and no more alarm. Next I tried closing the roof and it just made an electronic clicking sound which didn't make me happy. The windows would not go up and the trunk again would not open. But then I remembered someone mentioned just continuing to hold the button down longer than normal. I did and the roof finally engaged and closed. Seems okay now - no alarm once I crossed the 3 mph threshold that triggers the partial open alarm. Hopefully this isn't a sign that the control board is starting to go on it. Like others I've had no maintenance expenses except normal oil change etc. 2013 model.
can

21 - 29 of 29 Posts