Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my car winds down, like during braking for a stop sign, it makes an interesting whistling sound, kinda of like you'd hear a tractor trailer/diesel make. . ....anybody else notice this?

JC

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I've noticed the whistling sound while braking on many cars, and its not vehicle related. Its more related to the tires and the road surface you are slowing down on. But then, thats just what I have observed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope, it's like a whirring sound coming from the engine area, I really don't think it's the tires. . .

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I know exactly what you are talking about. My car did not make this sound in the beginning. I told my dealership about this, but of course, they could not reproduce it.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jimc,

I thought I was the only one who thought the whistling was cool! I absolutely love it. It sounds like a very faint diesel engine winding down. It's so subtle you can only hear it with the window down at low speeds.

Vidbob :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vidbob - so I'm not imagining it! Yeah, I just think it's a cool sound. I don't know what's going on in the engine to create it, but it's nice to know someone else thinks it's cool too. . . .

JC

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
mine is making it too, sounds like a turbo spinning down....that's okay if people think that.
hehe

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
A bad alternator bearing might produce a characteristic whining sound like that.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
hmmm

I will have to see if it makes the same sound sittin still with a rev up an down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts