Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind/type of coolant you guys using here in north America esp. Canada cold weather?
as i have read the manual it should be 50/50 mixed??
not sure about having water inside of MO as it might get frozen and expand?
please enlighten and give me such brand to be used in cold weather:)
(hahaha! getting ready for future:D)

·
Super Moderator
8,344 Posts
50/50 is the correct blend. Use the green stuff, not the orange GM stuff.

There is standard and extended wear - I suggest you just go to the auto parts store and have them explain the difference. They're all about the same. If you don't know why 50/50 is optimal, they will explain it to you.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
pint-

A 50/50 mix is what most people will use to protect their cooling system, however other ratios can be used depending on the conditions.

A standard 50/50 mix gives freeze protection to -34F and boilover to 265F (with a 15psi cap). Increasing the mix to 60% antifreeze and 40% water changes those temperatures to -62F and 270F. Going to a 70/30 mix yields -84F and 276F. (These figures are for Peak Global Lifetime antifreeze. Other products may differ slightly).

How old is your MO? If it is relatively new (< 3 years) the antifreeze is still good. Any garage can test it for free.

-njjoe

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
many thanks to you all.:29: I have asked the auto parts store and advice like you guys said i am going to used 50/50 mixed.

just to answer: i got 07 mo and just acquired it months ago. i am still on understanding to maintain the car quite good so far and lovin' it:D

thanks again!!

·
Super Moderator
8,344 Posts
To save money, don't buy it mixed. Buy it straight and do your own mix. The parts stores charge as much for 50/50 as they do for straight antifreeze but you're getting half as much for your money.

And if you need to learn more about how to mix antifreeze, Google it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts