Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm having coolant spit out from the upper hose just behind the cap on my 2009. My mechanic replaced the clamp but it's still spitting. It's a tight area and I'm unable to see exactly where the leak is. Any suggestion would be appreciated

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano LE AWD
1,198 Posts
Hi, I'm having coolant spit out from the upper hose just behind the cap on my 2009. My mechanic replaced the clamp but it's still spitting. It's a tight area and I'm unable to see exactly where the leak is. Any suggestion would be appreciated
Are you talking about the little elbow hose that connects the radiator cap assembly with the radiator? The best way to find a cooling system leak is to use a pressure testing kit and you can rent one from your local auto parts store. Frankly, this is something your mechanic should have done before returning the car to you to confirm that the new clamp fixed the leak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See below where coolant is spitting from. New clamp added but is still leaking

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano LE AWD
1,198 Posts
The resolution of the pic isn't the greatest, but it does look like coolant is seeping past the clamp. Your mechanic replaced the OEM band clamp with a worm-gear style clamp that must be manually tightened. Try tightening it up and see if it stops leaking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts