Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my coolant resevoir in the engine bay is empty what do i do just fill it with more coolant right there.. do i need to do 50/50 with water? i just noticed it was empty while i was cleaning the Mo today

·
Registered
629 Posts
j a y said:
my coolant resevoir in the engine bay is empty what do i do just fill it with more coolant right there.. do i need to do 50/50 with water? i just noticed it was empty while i was cleaning the Mo today
I've been losing coolant steadily since I bought my MO. It's been in twice for it, both times the dealer claims they did a full-system pressure test and found no leaks. They can't seem to answer this simple question though:

If there are no leaks in the system, where is the coolant going?

:3:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I lost coolent dec 04 you could hear the coolent slouching in the heater core dealer replaced lower clamp the first time 2nd time a load of part dec 04 temps. north ontario north mn . st paul minuse 30c 28f could have been the plastic repair was done the dealer said we have 120 000 km or 72 mo. to fix it

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Jay: my coolant resevoir in the engine bay is empty what do i do just fill it with more coolant right there.. do i need to do 50/50 with water? i just noticed it was empty while i was cleaning the Mo today
Jay, yes you need 50/50 mixture of coolant/water. What you can do is go to the autparts store and buy a premix prestone 50/50 coolant for refill. Top up the coolant in the reservoir up to mark between the min-max stripe. Then turn on the engine and warm it up to operating temp , drive a block or two, wait it to cool down and see where to coolant level is now. If necessary, top it up again up to the min-max stripe. Remember to buy the universal coolant or the green color one. Dont buy the dexcol (pink) coolant as it will not be compatible to MO.

Special-K:
I've been losing coolant steadily since I bought my MO. It's been in twice for it, both times the dealer claims they did a full-system pressure test and found no leaks. They can't seem to answer this simple question though: If there are no leaks in the system, where is the coolant going?
Special-K, there was a TSB on radiator cap defect. Have your dealer look into it? The only explanation i can think of to loose coolant even when there is no leak is if your engine running real hot. The coolant boils and eventually evaporate and escape out via the coolant reservoir cap/radiator cap.
Did your MO use the right oil weight?
Did your MO have slight hesitation/misfiring/knocking?

Junnila:
I lost coolent dec 04 you could hear the coolent slouching in the heater core dealer replaced lower clamp the first time 2nd time a load of part dec 04 temps. north ontario north mn . st paul minuse 30c 28f could have been the plastic repair was done the dealer said we have 120 000 km or 72 mo. to fix it
Junnila, if i understand it right, sounds like they find the leak and fix the problem?

·
Registered
35 Posts
thats right trouble corrected follow up tough winter in ont. gas mileage 13 mpg with remote start great in snow ford wouid have to give they product away to get me back

·
Registered
629 Posts
SugarRushMurano said:
Special-K, there was a TSB on radiator cap defect. Have your dealer look into it? The only explanation i can think of to loose coolant even when there is no leak is if your engine running real hot. The coolant boils and eventually evaporate and escape out via the coolant reservoir cap/radiator cap.
Did your MO use the right oil weight?
Did your MO have slight hesitation/misfiring/knocking?
They claim to have checked that. The MO only has 3800 miles on it, it was using the oil that was in it from the factory until the first oil change, when they claim to have done the second pressure test. The engine does not run overly hot (according to the temp gauge), doesn't seem to hesitate and I've never noticed knocking or misfires. I burn premium fuel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts