Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do you replace your MO's coolant? The manual states 60K miles or 48 months. I used do perform a reverse flush myself yearly. Now going on 22K miles and 2 years I feel funny about not performing it yet.

Also I have not looked, is it easy to attach a flush kit to the heater hoses? I need access to the hooses that lead to the heater core.

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
im planning to do it at 50K km. rt now at 36K.

would also consider CVT Flush.

or if price allows, get an 06.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I think a drain and refill every 30,000 miles is more than adequate. No need to go through a flush if you change coolant that often. You don't even need to touch the engine drain block plugs either if you change that often.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Eric L. said:
I think a drain and refill every 30,000 miles is more than adequate. No need to go through a flush if you change coolant that often. You don't even need to touch the engine drain block plugs either if you change that often.
Hey Eric, in the new procedure of replacing the alternator, does the dealership need to drain MO radiator?
If they needed to do that, for some murano with new alternator, we may not even need a drain at 30K miles as we have had our 'free' coolant change.

Please, correct me if I am wrong.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
SugarRushMurano said:

Hey Eric, in the new procedure of replacing the alternator, does the dealership need to drain MO radiator?
If they needed to do that, for some murano with new alternator, we may not even need a drain at 30K miles as we have had our 'free' coolant change.

Please, correct me if I am wrong.
The new procedure, no. The old procedure, yes.

When I got my alternator replaced, one of hte items on the service invoice was the radiator drain gasket (Nissan calls it the cock gasket). So I did have my coolant replaced when the alternator was done, and yes, I treated it as a free coolant change so I won't be changing my coolant at 30k, but will wait until 45k.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Eric L. said:

The new procedure, no. The old procedure, yes.

When I got my alternator replaced, one of the items on the service invoice was the radiator drain gasket (Nissan calls it the cock gasket). So I did have my coolant replaced when the alternator was done, and yes, I treated it as a free coolant change so I won't be changing my coolant at 30k, but will wait until 45k.
You might be right but......
The new procedure (3rd I think) requires them to drain and CAPTURE coolant sufficient to empty the top tank, then they remove the upper rad hose. On my invoice the drain gasket is referred to as a 'packing washer', same part number as the cock gasket. When they are done, the captured coolant is poured back in the rad. So no free coolant change for me.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
rjardine said:

You might be right but......
The new procedure (3rd I think) requires them to drain and CAPTURE coolant sufficient to empty the top tank, then they remove the upper rad hose. On my invoice the drain gasket is referred to as a 'packing washer', same part number as the cock gasket. When they are done, the captured coolant is poured back in the rad. So no free coolant change for me.
You might be right. I know I got my coolant replaced for free first time I had the alternator replaced (at 16K). Recall was at 26K, and I do not like the idea of them capturing and reusing the coolant (the container they use is probably dirtier than the coolant already in the car). I guess its a drain and refill at 30K then.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
They recommended a fluid change at 96,000km (60,000 miles?). I'm not sure if it was a change or a flush.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts