Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 04 MO for about a week and just started having a problem with the cooling system today. I can set the inside temperture at 60 degrees and it is nice and cold as it should be, but as soon as I turn the temperture past 63 degrees it is HOT. There is nothing inbetween. I either have cold air or hot air. Has anybody else had this issue? If so what did you do? Was it an easy fix?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The automatic climate control will turn off the AC (and turn on the heat) if the interior temperature is below the temperature you set it to. Maybe you just like an ice cold car, in that case, leave it at 60, turn off the automatic function, and let it blast.

If you are really getting HOT air (and not just slightly warm air) at 63 degrees and its over 65 degrees outside, then you probably have an issue with the climate control. I find that on Nissans, when the AC is not on, the air never comes in as "outside temperature" - it is always slightly warmer, but it is never hot. Rather annoying, but thats the way it is.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is about 70 degrees outside today...when I turn it to 63 degrees it is HOT!!....Even if I turn it to 90 degrees the temp is the same. It just seems like I have cold or hot and no other options....Hopefully it is nothing major....Just pisses me off that I have to take it to the dealer with only 400 miles on it

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
This is in the automatic mode? With the AC on too? If so, 70 degrees outside and set at 63, should blow cold air out.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes...this is the auto mode.....70 outside...set at 63 inside and it is blowing HOT air....I will call my dealer first thing in the morning...Hopefully I can drop it off tomorrow for them to look at it...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I took my MO to the dealer yesterday. Circuit City had unpluged a module that controls the temp. Needless to say it wasn't covered under warranty. It is all fixed now and Circuit City has paid the bill for me.....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nice to hear Circut City stepped up to the plate for you. Just curious how much did your dealer charge you for the plugging something back in? My guess is $75.00.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
remote start....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts