Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say I have learned a lot from this board... keep up the good work!!!

I just took delivery of our MO and have a question regarding the cord for the block heater. The cord on our MO is hanging down about 3 inches below the underbody of the engine. Is that where it is supposed to be? Or is it supposed to be secured somewhere?

Also on delivery, I noticed that the engine area was all wet (everywhere) with some sort of solution. Our salesman said it was probably some spray to make it shiny... WRONG all you could see is droplets everywhere (they were greasy). Having looked at it in the light it looks like diluted coolant everywhere. Can this damage the engine in any way... It even made its way into the air intake duct.

Ohh and we also have a steering wheel shift problem... sits about 1 inch to the right...

Any comments?

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ours was wet too when we opened the hood...I think they washed ours before delivery. That might be what you were seeing and it looked greasy because the engine prolly has some sorta oily film on it from production

·
Registered
180 Posts
My block heater cord was zip-tied to a bracket in between the rad and the grille. The dealer mechanic did this during the PDI. Seems to me yours should have done the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts