Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually found the Murano configurator for the time on the USA site last night. Couldn't believe I didn't notice it before. So I thought I configure it how my UK will arrive. Very simple, Midnight Blue, Charcoal leather, AWD and every option available on the options screen except for satellite radio (we have digital terrestrial radio DAB in the UK)...This came to nearly $40K, then I added UK sales tax at 17.5% converted the value in British Pounds and voila....it was only $5K cheaper....

So in contrast to my earlier post, the price difference isn't that big actually :D Phew I was able to have a good night sleep, 30 more nights before the Murano arrives...

·
Registered
424 Posts
We don't pay MSRP for a vehicle here. You can get at least $4-5K knocked off the price for a loaded Murano. Are you able to negotiate the price?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah nah nah nah I am not listening nah nah nah nah

Negotiating a discount is not a possibility yet in the UK as they are on a limited supply of 1000 per year. Soon I probably be able to sell it secondhand for more than I bought it, but I guess I don't want to do that....

I was able to get a very good trade-in for my Nissan Patrol GR though, I owned it from new for 3 years, done 55000 miles in it and actually have lost only GBP7000 in value which equates to only 22% depreciation or if you prefer a car holding on to 78% of its value. I think not even Porsche is able to do that...

So I guess I did get a discount! It did help that a buyer for a second hand Patrol walked in whilst I was doing a deal!!!! And he enquired about my car as that was exactly the spec he wanted....I am just glad I waxed it before I took it in for valuation and a deal, 2.5hours well spent!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts