Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their MO in for the 15K or 30K services at a Nissan dealer? I would be very interested in hearing how much they charged.

The reason I am asking is that I purchased the 4 year/60K mile Gold Preferred Service Agreement (NOT EXTENDED WARRANTY!). I have another two weeks in which to cancel this agreement for a near-full refund. BTW, I paid $1350 for it. I have heard others say they got the same plan for hundreds less.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I bet this service contract only provides the minimum maintenance according to the owners manual. If that is the case, its not a good deal.

However if you regularly go for the dealer service "packages" which include a lot of stuff you can do yourself, then perhaps its worth it. For example, the 30k service includes an oil/filter and air filter change. And a bunch of inspections you can do yourself. Now if you had the minimum maintenance done, it would be like $60 from the dealer. But most dealers do a lot more at the 30k service (not that its necessary) so it will end up like $350 after they change your coolant, transmission fluid, rotate tires, check this and that...etc....so if you get the "extra" services at the maintenance intervals then the $1350 contract you speak about might be worth it.

If it were me, I would invest the $1350 on a good set of tools and work on the Murano myself!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The service contract covers all of the recommended maintenance items listed in the owners manual. This includes all inspections, oil, filters, wiper blades, trans fluid, fuel filter, belts, etc. If you look up the recommended maintenance schedule in the manual, you will see exactly what is covered. It does not cover brake pads, tires, etc.

I decided to cancel the contract for a few reasons. First, they wanted me to drop off the car for a simple oil change. No thanks. Second, I want to switch to synthetic. I can't see double paying for oil. Third, I don't want to be tethered to a Nissan dealer for everything....

Oh well...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts