Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a small Fender Bender several months ago with my front end. There was very minimal damage no warning lights or function driving the vehicle. Ahead 2 and a 1/2 months car went in for service oil filter tire rotation and a few other things when I received the car back the front collision sensor started to go off between mile 4 to 7 miles not allowing the the cruise control function to work. Brought vehicle back to the dealership was told it would be costly Because they have to remove the bumper... wondering how costly we're talking as it is not a safety issue but I do utilize cruise control quite often.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
From what I know it is very costly. There's the expensive radar sensor, then the labor for installation and calibration...

It's unfortunate a failed radar sensor disables cruise control. They corrected this in the '19 model year, the cruise control can now be used in conventional mode when the radar sensor fails.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I know it is very costly. There's the expensive radar sensor, then the labor for installation and calibration...

It's unfortunate it disables cruise control. They corrected this in the '19 model year, the cruise control can now be used in conventional mode when the radar sensor fails.
I appreciate the feedback and I guess the intelligent package isn't as smart as they think because that defeats the purpose of utilizing the cruise control if the sensor is no longer working I do appreciate your insight it was very helpful l have to determine whether or not the cost is going to outweigh the need for the function

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Know that I think of it, it's possible your radar sensor is still fine, it just needs to be realigned/calibrated. Did they provide a cost estimate?

I'm surprised it requires the bumper to be removed, it looked to me like it's bolted on in an area that can be accessed without the bumper removal...

·
Super Moderator
1,375 Posts
Know that I think of it, it's possible your radar sensor is still fine, it just needs to be realigned/calibrated. Did they provide a cost estimate?

I'm surprised it requires the bumper to be removed, it looked to me like it's bolted on in an area that can be accessed without the bumper removal...
It depends on the year. From '18 and on, the radar sensor is located behind the center part of the bumper, without an opening. No way to even adjust it without removal of the front facia (bumper).

Previous years of the 3rd gen, the sensor is located lower and over by the passenger's side, with an opening for the sensor, with adjustment bolts clearly visible and accessible. No facia removal needed.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
The OP mentioned his Murano is a '17.

I believe it's the '19 model year facelift when that they moved the radar sensor to the middle of the bumper protected by a plastic shield...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Something to think about... If your needing recalibration on any of the sensors this is one thing you can try. Now i hadnt tried it but i think i would.. First get a hold of a collision shop. ask them if they work with AirPro. it is a computer based scan for your car,,check it out.. may or maynot be worthwhile.I am not involved with this system and i am not trying to sell anything. just check it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts