Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone's opinion of Costo's tire and install prices / service verses other tire stores and or a Nissan service center?

I haven't been very happy with Nissan's prices and service in my area (which is odd being there are over 4 dealers within 20 miles of me. You would think they would be fighting for your business???)

I shop at Costco often, and notice their tire shop is always swamped, and not just with old cars (newer Lexis's, BMW's MB's, etc)

My front tires are near the end of their life, and I need to replace them with similar (if not the same) tires as what my MO came with.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Costco carries brand name tires and are pretty good. The cost includes mounting and balancing, and there's lifetime rotation. The only problem with Costco is that they will only fit OE sizes and specs... so you're limited to whatever they can get in the Murano's stock size.

Bob

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
If Costco stocks the tire, then go for it. They have fast service, and it also comes with lifetime rotation and flat repair. A pretty good deal.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I agree I bought some CostCo

Eric L. said:
If Costco stocks the tire, then go for it. They have fast service, and it also comes with lifetime rotation and flat repair. A pretty good deal.
AND was well please also.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I agree with all of the above. I to bought tires from Costco and if I could find the tires and size that I need I would go back to them again

·
Registered
22 Posts
COSTCO TIRES: COST?

What did you pay at Costco for the meats? I checked prices at Coscto.com but it only gave a service number to call after I put in 2003, Nissan trucks, Murano as the selection.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Costco Tires

I got fed up with Costco concerning replacement tires for my MO and 03 Civic Si. Tire manager was "snooty". Now, you can't even shop on-line for replacement tires other than OEM's. Called the regional tire manager and he would have ok.'ed a non-oem tire for the Si.
I finally went with Les Shwab and siped Toyo Proxes for MO. Have been happy with them and follow-up service. Lots of Shwabs' here in Oregon and other western states.
I am using BF Goodrich Traction T/A's "V" on Si now in lower, wider width and it handles great. However, I will not buy them from Sears again. Wal-mart can install them for $100.00 per wheel. I am saying this about Si because it eats tires! I am on 31/2 set and only 55K on car! :3:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm still in the investigative stages as I still have some time to decide based on the amount of tread remaining. Went down to Costco yesteday and they want $176, plus state taxes and fees, for the Michelin P235/65R18s. These come with a 65K warrantee. If they get 65K, that would be almost double the miles that the GY stock tire gets (based on the measly 35K I got out of the stock ones). The Costco tire center (in Goleta, Calif) informs me that they only carry two brands of tires: BF Goodrich and Michelin. They stated that they have BFG tires (P265/60R18) at $134.00 (excluding state tax/fees) but were very strict about placing "oversized" tires on vehicles (probably to protect them from lawsuits) and are required to place the same exact tire so they would not consider installing the BFG tire on my Mo.
Since they don't have Avon Tech tires, I'll be calling around to see who has em' for an estimate. I have read the thread about Michelins but only one mentioned how much he paid (and he did not buy them from Costco...which I woudda thunk would have been the cheepest price); whether they could get the tires W/O the white paint lettering (laces in Dan Marino), and the number of miles they got before replacement. Anyone out there have Michelins? Approx, how much did you pay? Was it at Costco or Walmart? How many miles did you get with the Michelins before replacement? Logic: It might be worth paying the extra $50-75 per tire if it's possible to get 30K more miles from a Michelin tire vs. the GY stock tire? What say you Mo gurus?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The fact that Costco comes with lifetime balance, rotation, and flat repairs, its not a bad deal. I'd choose Costco over any of the local tireshops, most likely - but do give your local Big O Tires a call - I've found them to have very competitive prices once you tell them how much Tirerack is charging (they do not price match, but talk to the manager and you can haggle down the prices by asking for "the best deal you can give me so I don't have to order from Tirerack").

·
Registered
133 Posts
Better Costco interaction

We were up north this last weekend and stopped by a Costco off of I-5. Talked to the tire manager about size and speed - -rating issues.
Costco will go down one speed rating, ie: from V to H, and will allow a slightly different tire size.
So...they are not quite so rigid as they appear to be from my prior interactions with them and their representatives.
Good news!!:) Darrell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts