Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had to replace their windshield? Got a nice crack that runs all the way along the bottom of the windshield.

How much would I be looking to spend if Ii didn't use my deductable?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I think a whole new windshield would be a lot more than your deductible.

I think it also matters who does the replacement. Your dealership may be able to get a factory replacement, whereas a windshield repair place may get a lesser quality but cheaper windshield.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
I replaced cracked windshield on my other rides, not the MO...(more)

There are basically 2 ways that cracked wind shield can be fixed:

- resin injection, up to 12 inches crack.
This will save you $$ and your insurance premium wont hike up and this repair is covered lifetime, if the crack gets bigger, the windshield will be replaced. Cost around $75, top is $100 for the 1st crack. Additional cracks, if repair at the same time, will cost you less, maybe $30ish per crack

- replace the windsheld. Price varies greatly.
Cost me around $350 in 1999, nowadays perhaps run more than that, especially for an suv like our MO.

Don't always go for the cheapest place. There are multiple grades of glass out there. The cheapest comes from China and is very thin and brittle. Its junk. Expect to pay about $150-$175. Then comes "aftermarket" grade. Its thicker, not imported, but still thinner than what your truck came with. Pay around $250 or so. The good stuff is genuine dealer's glass (in this case Nissan). Its the thickest, and strongest. You will usually see the best breakage warranty on this stuff (1 yr or more). Not cheap, though. About $350 installed. If you go offroading where there are trees or have lots of crud on the roadways, I wouldn't settle for anything less than dealer grade.

Good luck.
And oh yeah, a couple of links for you:

Injection

Safelite windshield repair shop, i used them last time..pretty good

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just recently replaced the windshield in my Explorer. I thought I was going to sell it, so I wanted to go the cheap route. I found a place online, I think it was called Windshields to Go. They contract with a local vendor to come to your house or work. Anyway, it was way cheap - $245 installed. When the guy showed up, it was Safelite.

·
Registered
400 Posts
down here in fl, you get a free box of steaks with a windhsield replacement (at severl vendors)...
I dunno... maybe the "Mad Cow" disease has caused Americans to eat less beef? And maybe the beef council is encouraging people to give away beef?

·
Registered
129 Posts
You guys are in a for a shock number I have heard up here for a new winshield is $1500 can. Dealership nissan only as no after market units are available so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When your windshield is in need of repair your insurance company usually picks the replacement offer from a preexisting list of providers which may or more likely may not offer the best deal on windshield replacement.

iowa autoglass

1 - 8 of 8 Posts