Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CVT went out on my 2003 Murano se FWD so I swapped it (took 2 weeks) and I put everything back together. Before I swapped it the engine would turn on right away.

Now it cranks but I checked and no fuel is being sent to the engine. Also no electricity is being sent to the spark plugs as I took one out to check.

The fuel pump fuse is good and I checked and all the sensors are put back. Tried to check with the obd scanner but it gives no reading.

Did I maybe break a sensor in the process or what is your guy’s opinion?
Thank you for reading this!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
My CVT went out on my 2003 Murano se FWD so I swapped it (took 2 weeks) and I put everything back together. Before I swapped it the engine would turn on right away.

Now it cranks but I checked and no fuel is being sent to the engine. Also no electricity is being sent to the spark plugs as I took one out to check.

The fuel pump fuse is good and I checked and all the sensors are put back. Tried to check with the obd scanner but it gives no reading.

Did I maybe break a sensor in the process or what is your guy’s opinion?
Thank you for reading this!!
So, you're not getting either fuel or spark and now your scan tool won't connect to the ECM or by "no reading" you mean the scanner can connect to the ECM but there are no codes?

If the problem started after the job then it could be that you either left something disconnected or broke a wire somewhere--perhaps a ground. Check around the body and subframe. I don't know if the 1st generation is the same, but for the 2nd generation Murano some crucial sensors are grounded under the airbox near the firewall not too far from the transmission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts