Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure all you know this, but I figured I'd post it in case it might help someone out. I read a lot of complaints about the cupholders in the front of the MO. I agreed, until I read the manual cover to cover, and read about the little flip down thing in the cover that pops up and divides the area. Without it, there's no division in the entire front cupholder area, but when you flip the 'divider' down that sits against the flip up cover, there now is dividers, and they're nowhere near as bad as without it. Granted, they're not great, but they're a lot better than without the divider thing down.

Anyway, just thought that if one person that is pissed off about the cupholders in the front didn't know about the flip down thing, then this post was worth writing.

Let me know if this helped anyone !!!

Cheers !!

REVHIGH !!!!!!!!!!!

Just drove back and forth to OC MD and got 22.4 MPG. Currently have 700 miles on the MO. On the way down with 300 miles on it I got 19.7 MPG. Boy these Nissans really tighten up after a few thousand miles and become far more fuel efficient. These are calculated figures not the computer's. The computer said 17.9, yet I got 22.4 ... go figure ... usually the computers are extremely optimistic.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks to your post I have now discovered the flip down. Well done.

Great stuff on this forum.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All Right !!!!! It was worth posting !!!!!!!

REVHIGH !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Amazing how the little things make such a huge difference. Glad you posted about the cupholder clip.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Awesome!!! I had no idea! And here I thought I new all the little tricks this amazing piece of hardware has up it's fenders.

·
4,601 Posts
This is too funny.... I remember making this discovery and telling people, over a year ago. But I guess it wasn't on this forum!

Yeah, that little flip thing makes a big difference. So does flipping the insert, as it staggers large cups so the rims are at different heights and they fit a bit better.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
I think it's hilarious that so many people didn't find things like this immediately. It must be the engineer in me, but when I get a new expensive toy I find out all I can about it!

Of course, also because I'm an engineer, it's a necessity to ignore the manual for a while and just experiment and discover things on my own which gets me 90% there, but I always (eventually) pull out the manual to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Even when I rented the MO for a weekend to try it out, I was looking into EVERYTHING I COULD. In fact, I ignored the manual completely, except for when I tried to fill it back up with gas and couldn't figure out how to open the fuel door... :rolleyes: Actually, I messed with the settings so much on the computer just playing around with stuff that it was probably totally screwed up for the next person that rented it! :D

The cup-holder flip-down thingy (whatever the hell it's called) was one of the first things I figured out. In the Enterprise parking lot, no less, because I had my can of pop that wouldn't fit correctly in the holders. I thought to myself "hmmmm..... There's no way that they would put a cup holder in that couldn't decently hold a can of Mt. Dew, now, would they? There has to be SOME way" and lo and behold, there was this little plastic thing that flipped down and held it pretty well! :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Personally I love the cup holder in my MO. I have a huge coffe mug that I take to work everyday (8 1/2" tall x 3 1/3 wide) and it fits in there snug as a bug. Never have to worry about it tipping over. Plus I can still get to all the radio and AC controls. My wife's Chevy can't do that.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Thanks revhigh... I read the manual front to back the first day... but I overlooked that. Very handy and works perfectly too. I wish they put as much though into the front wipers and rear cup holders as they did with that flippy thing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH. I ALWAYS THOUGHT WHAT A WIERD CUP HOLDER SECTION. HAHA I AM SO GLAD I READ THIS... NOW I WANT TO ADD THIS FOR ANYONE WHO HAS BROKEN BACK CUP HOLDER/HOLDERS....
I bought mine this year (2003) but the back seat had never even been used. WELL, I gave a couple of my frineds a ride home one night and I had left it out. They broke off both cup holder arms and even put the broken pieces in thier pocket so I didn't even know they were broke until recently :( SO, I researched ALOT and it is too much of a pain and cost to replace (and get broke off again) in my opinion. I went through all of the ebay 2003 murano's that were selling used parts from a totaled out murano and I found one for $50 plus shipping (no thanks). Well, a light bulb went off in my head. I went to the local auto parts store and asked if I could take the grip (at the bottom type) cupholder out to my car to see if it works. Well Thank God it does and $5.89 later I have an adjustable cup holder in the rear again. I just replaced one for now because I barely use it back there, but it can fit two. :)
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/HOP9/RETROCHA.oap?ck=Search_N0320_HOP_-1_-1&mn=Hopkins+Manufacturing&mc=HOP&pt=N0320&ppt=C0092
Hopkins brand retro cup holder works.... Good Luck and save your money!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts